Yay! Mainland cedar showed up today!

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
My Mainland cedar soprano showed up today, and its a beauty!
only got a little playing time on it since UPS decided to wait until the last possible moment of the evening to get it here, but just as good as I hoped, and as the aquilas stretch in, and the uke opens up I can only think it will get even better! Tommorow is my early day off work so Ill have a couple hours to myself, and although I know I should use that time to hustle out to guitar center and get a case I will sorely tempted to spend that time rushing home and getting to know this new uke!

On a related note props to Mike and Mainland for stringing it lefty for me, and getting it here so fast, I just ordered it late sunday night...1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Congratulations! That's a great looking wood on the back and sides. What is it? I hope the uke sounds as nice as it looks!

Congrats! I have the pineapple version and I can tell you that it will most definitely get better.

Congrats! I love my Mainland, glad to know you already seem to be enjoying yours too. That's a real looker you got there ;)

I have a cedar soprano and I love it! Perfect for ballads!

It will only get better with time. :)

Congratulations! That's a great looking wood on the back and sides. What is it? I hope the uke sounds as nice as it looks!

The back and sides are rosewood on these, so far it sounds pretty great to me.....thanks everyone!

On a related note props to Mike and Mainland for stringing it lefty for me, and getting it here so fast, I just ordered it late sunday night...

You gotta love customer service! Cool!

Congrats on your new Mainie!

JJ

Congrats! That is BEAUTIFUL!

Jim

I too have the pineapple. Love the sound that wood combination. Great little uke.

Rush home to know the uke - you can always get a case later! For the weekend just think of the box it came in as a starter case...

Rush home to know the uke - you can always get a case later! For the weekend just think of the box it came in as a starter case...

Ha! thats totally the way I figured it too......rushed right home and tore into it. Ill still get out for a case tonight. I have two small kids and have already had a uke accidentally destroyed. So it was a lesson hard learned. The other two now hang far out of their reach, but I want to keep the mainland nice for as long possible so its going in a case with a humidifier. Should have just ordered one from mainland when I bought the uke, but I wanted to research a little more, and thought Id have time. Those guys are crazy fast shippers!

Wow, that's a beauty! I love that binding... so shiny, too... I bet you love it!

Wow, that's a beauty! I love that binding... so shiny, too... I bet you love it!

yeah the finish is ridiculous on this thing its like a wooden mirror, normally I dont like gloss finishes, or binding.......or gold hardware for that matter, but on this it all works so well......thanks everyone else as well for the kind words....

Top Bottom