It's going to be a good day when...

OldePhart

Reaction score
...you get a half day holiday and you have tickets to a Jake concert in the evening... :)

I was going to say when the days start getting longer and warmer, so you can head out to the yard, strum your uke, and enjoy a cold oat soda until about 7PM.

But yours is good, too.

Yeah - that's a good day indeed. Enjoy! And... you HAVE to post the obligatory "pic w/Jake" snapshot l8tr.

I'm going to see Jake in June when he comes to the Governors School for the Arts in Murfreesboro, TN. Providing I can still get tickets when I have the money for them. I can't wait.

Ho, all you UU'ers out dea!

For those of you who are Hawai'i locals and grew up on da Islands, Kama'ainas, or have lived on da Islands ... we all wen grow up with dis song! For those of you who don't know this song ... it makes us all happy aftah one hard week of work and stay time fo kick off da weekend early by celebrating "Aloha Friday" and staht firing up da bbq grills fo pulehu some ribs and ono kine grinds ... and of course - bus' out da beer and have a good time!!!

Blessings and have a great holiday weekend!

Aloha,

Kimo

Last edited:
Howzit!

My wife used to sing that song until she stopped working but she still my Brown Eyed Girl-Ka'au Crater Boy Verison LOL

The BBQ idea sounds minus the beer, at least this weekend in observance of Good Friday and Easter.

For those of you who are Hawai'i locals and grew up on da Islands, Kama'ainas, or have lived on da Islands ... we all wen grow up with dis song! For those of you who don't know this song ... it makes us all happy aftah one hard week of work and stay time fo kick off da weekend early by celebrating "Aloha Friday" and staht firing up da bbq grills fo pulehu some ribs and ono kine grinds ... and of course - bus' out da beer and have a good time!!!

Aloha,

Kimo

Heh, heh. Great song. That was Diamond Head at 2:19, right? That must be a very old picture because you couldn't have seen Diamond Head for the tall buildings when I was there in the early sixties; I imagine it's ten times worse, now.

Dang, I wish I could afford to go back there!

John

Howzit!

My wife used to sing that song until she stopped working but she still my Brown Eyed Girl-Ka'au Crater Boy Verison LOL

The BBQ idea sounds minus the beer, at least this weekend in observance of Good Friday and Easter.

Ho, Bruddah Daniel!

So ... your wife is a local girl! Right on Brah! I'm sure she's gotten you up to speed on da Hawai'ian Culture. Have a great weekend!

Aloha,

Kimo

Ho, Bruddah John!

Yeah ... times have changed big time! O'ahu is like any big city. Over developed and seriously congested with too many people! Traffic all the time.

The "Aloha Friday" song makes me so homesick, but I love listening to it every Friday!

Enoy seeing Jake perform tonight!

Aloha,

Kimo

Bruddah Kimo

She's local but not really local. She's Filipina but didn't live in Kalihi, Waipahu, or Ewa Beach so I make fun of her!

no forget the pic's..bring your camera...ha ha
Aloha Kimo, Kimo wen sing dat song..Kahoano..
hea da lyrics like dat..

Here is where I sit, all cloudy and blitzed
with the Primo bottles lying everywhere
Got a guitar in my hand and a Wesson Oil can
Under my okole for a chair.

CHORUS:
It's Aloha Friday, no work till Monday.
Doo be doo, doo doo be, doo be doo be doo be doo!
(Repeat)

The cousins all here, drinking up my beer
got keikies running everywhere.
I got some poki on the side while mama's trying to hide
the Miller and the Heineken beer.

(CHORUS)

OK. You know when you wanna get away, I mean one ting
about Friday ma, da working work is ovah yeah.
Frankly, ya, I feel good man.
I work hard all week long.
I can't wait to get away, you know like down like the beach.
I'm cruise dis weekend yeah, get one hot concert too man,
dat's the most important ting. But main ting too,
is to get enough money fo gas and to go out to da disco.
I like to see all da beautiful chicks Yeah!
So now I gonna jus kinda cruise, take my Bank Americard,
you know adderwise, how can I get money?
Right, plus den my friends always say
eh braddah, you can buy me one drink then.

THIRD VERSE

Kimo and the crew sucking up the brew
pulehu meat smoking on the side
All the surfers are a-droppin'
while the highschool are a-poppin'
down Kalakaua for a ride.

CHORUS:

It's Aloha Friday, no work 'til Monday.
Doo be doo, doo doo be, doo be doo be doo be doo!

REPEAT

Aloha,

Kimo

Ah yeah. The work week wen go pau. Gonna listen to that song and have a cold beer. Den hana hou!

Top Bottom