New (old) Uke Day

His Sinfulness

Reaction score
An odd benefit of working in Korea are the expatriots. Our English-speaking friends here are from all over - Canada, New Zealand, Scottland, Ireland, England, South Africa, and of course, the USA. They are a hard partying yet trustworthy group, and there is a great sense of community.

Unfortunately, most of the folks here are on one year contracts, so at this time of year there are many going away parties. It is usually one last time to drink it up with buddies and give away the last few things you couldn't cram into your homeward suitcase.

The word has gotten around that I am "the ukulele guy" in our crowd, so when one of our South African friends was shipping out tonight, she gifted me with a slightly beat up Makala MK-SN that she couldn't take home. It has a few scratches and dings, factory strings that need to be replaced, and the action needs some work, but it will be a nice little uke to take with me hiking in the mountains this summer. It'll be a nice reminder of her time hanging out with us.

Wow that was really nice of her to give you something to remember her ...that it soo cool...bet every time you
play the makala you will think of her.... nice story thank you for sharing and happy strummings

Cool. Glad to hear that particular Makala still has a loving Korean home. Thanks for sharing your story.

Congratulations! What a cool story, thanks for sharing it.

Top Bottom