Waiting for my man

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all and a happy easter, just thougfht i would lay downa tune i have been playing on my new bari, the velvet undergrounds "waiting for my man"
There are some mistakes etc., but i like to do warts and all as im not quite a proficient player yet :) hope you enjoy, kindest regards from me :)

That made me feel all shivery sweaty sniffly and nervous..nice one, love the VU.

Sounded really good , thanks. I saw the VU many times in person at the Boston Tea Party back in the 60's , just wish I could remember it better.

thanks so much pee wee and pukulele Pete, your words mean loads to me, wow that is awesome that you saw VU live, that made me laugh you cant remember it to well , would that be due to a mayure stase of the brain or chemical additives lol, bet they were great live, have a great easter guys :)

Last edited:
awesome Dave. Bari sounds fantastic mate and I love that beanie!!!!! As for your singing, real smooth brother. Great performance of a brilliant song. Cheers mate and happy Easter to you too! :cool:

awesome Dave. Bari sounds fantastic mate and I love that beanie!!!!! As for your singing, real smooth brother. Great performance of a brilliant song. Cheers mate and happy Easter to you too! :cool:
Thanks so much Jon, your support really means a lot, as i think you are a true star of the uke, i put worth browns on the bari, they feel a bit rubbery, but i do like them, they have a nice deep mellow sound, aiming to do this song with my mate eventually at our uke club with him on his soprano, but i do like it with just the bari to, im spending more time on the bari then any other uke lately :) all the best mate and thanks once again :)

Glad you bumped it - I missed it first time around...... this is awesome, Davey - great vocals and the bari sounds great - really suits your vocal range..... I always enjoyed this song a lot - used to play it in a 'band' I was in (meaning me & my roommate in college)...... good stuff, man - you're getting better fast, real improvement......

Glad you bumped it - I missed it first time around...... this is awesome, Davey - great vocals and the bari sounds great - really suits your vocal range..... I always enjoyed this song a lot - used to play it in a 'band' I was in (meaning me & my roommate in college)...... good stuff, man - you're getting better fast, real improvement......
Hi Skidoo, thank so so much for your feed back and comments, really means alot, missed seeing you around on here , how comes you dropped out the seasons comp ? you were missed my friend, you should hop back in as it has continued and im taking part now, and you dont have to do eaxh week, each week is a seperate comp, and you can even judge/run a week.
Anyway thanks so much for your continued support mate greatly appreciated and you are a fine musician yourself, hopefully i will get there one day :) all the best from me

daveey - haven't had any time to record lately, but I've got a couple of things on deck for when I get the time.... hopefully it'll be soon.... thanks for the kind words and likewise, man - keep the videos coming....

Thanks Ralf :) always appreciate your feedback, that beanie is meant to be made in Nepal well that is what the seller told me, maybe i should order another one and keep it on standby for one of the season prizes lol.
and thanks again skidoo look forward to catchin some of your new stuff :)

Top Bottom