Need help to understand this kamaka logo.

Aloha Bill,
Its a 1969 Gold label Kamaka Tiki.....last year of the gold labels and the first year of the Tiki Model....they are rare and have a limited run of 5 or so years....I have 2 of them..
If you have questions ...PM me... Let me say this uke is way over priced, for one with cracks.....I would pay between...600- 800 for it...but in better condition maybe more..
there is no Keiki model kamaka tiki...Here is my Kamaka white label..
newarrivalsfeb12001.jpg

Last edited:
Thank for information but still doubt about the logo on head stock & font on the gold label. Could you educate me about these logo & label font? Thx again ^^

- KK logo on the left has a little space compare to the right one which I normally see on other kamaka
- And, they both have different font on the label. 'HONOLULU, HAWAII' vs 'Hawaiion Handmade'

Attachments

• Logo n Label.jpg
    Logo n Label.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 50
Aloha Bill,
Its a 1969 Gold label Kamaka Tiki.....last year of the gold labels and the first year of the Tiki Model....they are rare and have a limited run of 5 or so years....I have 2 of them..
If you have questions ...PM me... Let me say this uke is way over priced, for one with cracks.....I would pay between...600- 800 for it...but in better condition maybe more..
newarrivalsfeb12001.jpg

I want the hello kitty...

Thank for information but still doubt about the logo on head stock & font on the gold label. Could you educate me about these logo & label font? Thx again ^^

- KK logo on the left has a little space compare to the right one which I normally see on other kamaka
- And, they both have different font on the label. 'HONOLULU, HAWAII' vs 'Hawaiion Handmade'

I'm no expert by any means, but that logo on the headstock on the left looks to me like somebody had a Kamaka Keiki logo that they cut the "-eiki" off of in order to fake a KK logo. The Keikis I've seen all had logos that looked like this.

Aloha Bill,

I'm no expert by any means, but that logo on the headstock on the left looks to me like somebody had a Kamaka Keiki logo that they cut the "-eiki" off of in order to fake a KK logo. The Keikis I've seen all had logos that looked like this.

Interesting point and that's what I thought but somehow the KK of the left one is in the middle of headstock and even more confuse as Stan mentioned there is no Keiki model kamaka tiki. BTW, I do not plan to buy this one but just out of my curiosity and would really nice to know some history :)

Another research iteration, I found this link http://unofficialkamakaukulele.wordpress.com/category/dating-your-kamaka-ukulele/ .. and could not see neither the left KK logo nor label in this. Could I assume its fake kamaka? Or the site miss its ...

Opps!! my bad, found the KK logo in my link in previous thread … it’s Early 70's Tiki Model Headstock ... kamaka really have this KK logo :) "in some limited run of 5 or so years" Stan said

Thanks for all pieces of information which help me learn more about Kamaka :) .. i really want to have one.

I'd take that Hello Kitty uke and give it to my niece. She's in her 20's but she's a Hello Kitty fanatic. Now, if there was a Batman uke, my little nephew would be all over that.

Aloha Bill,
newarrivalsfeb12001.jpg

Opps!! my bad, found the KK logo in my link in previous thread … it’s Early 70's Tiki Model Headstock ... kamaka really have this KK logo :) "in some limited run of 5 or so years" Stan said

Thanks for all pieces of information which help me learn more about Kamaka :) .. i really want to have one.
They are both gold labels so they are both made only in 1969...however just different labels....just wanted to
let you know that Kamaka was very inconsistant in the sail head shapes at that time, some were shorter headstocks and others higher..even the thickness too... that goes for the 50's custom sailhead tenor too and
the white label concerts too..you can date by estimate by their nut too if you look closely...one is more transparent and the other is a solid white..even some tikis were different sizes too...my guess they used what
they had at the time.. hope it helps.. Also they could have been made by different builders at that time..or grades
Oh yeah on the hello kittys. when I bought them, they sounded harsh..I lowered the saddle and nut and put
martin m600's on them and not they sound pretty great with a deep round sound ....yes I did two of them..

Last edited:
Top Bottom