NorCal Uke Fest (aka New Uke Day)

Aztec

Reaction score
What a fun day! I took my 12 year old son to the NorCal Uke Fest and we both had a blast. I was able to pick up a beautiful new concert uke that when combined with the Aloha discount and no sales tax made me a happy camper. This kind gentleman was able to make certain that it passed quality control :)
NorCal Uke Fest-1.jpg

After obtaining my new baby, we were able to enjoy some amazing uke playing. One of our favorite performers was Hiram Bell. What a terrific uke player!
NorCal Uke Fest-2.jpg

And what do you know? The kind gentleman named "Chris" has uke on steroids of his own!;)
NorCal Uke Fest-3.jpg

Finally, my new baby is safe and sound at home. Sadly, my "parenting skills" are not up to the quality of this young child. Looking forward to lots of quality time with my new pride and joy. Birth announcement picture below.
NorCal Uke Fest-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lance

Last edited:
Aztec (Lance),

I,too, bought from the same kind gentlemen, but mine is a tenor (maybe a little older than yours). Chris has a great voice. Didn't know he could sing, too! I don't think I need parenting skills since I have 3 teens but this 4th is precious.

I was there too and spoke with the kind gentleman as well. Sadly I could only buy a T shirt from him :(. But a Kamaka concert is most likely next on my acquisition list. Congrats on your new Kamakas!

I understand the Kamakas have supported the Uke Festival of Northern California for years.

I'm going to see if I can rally some of our uke club members to perform at next year's festival so I have a chance at winning the tenor provided by Kamaka.:rolleyes:

Congratulations on your new uke. The unique headstock says "I'm a Kamaka concert!"

Ah, a true beauty. Congrats and enjoy for many years to come!

Great that you and your son were able to enjoy the festival together, as well.

Aztec (Lance),

I,too, bought from the same kind gentlemen, but mine is a tenor (maybe a little older than yours). Chris has a great voice. Didn't know he could sing, too! I don't think I need parenting skills since I have 3 teens but this 4th is precious.

Thank you all. Congratulations Prius on your new tenor as well. They truly are beautiful instruments!

Lance

Lance,

Look inside your Concert. Just curious, what production date does it show inside yours? Mine shows 03/13/12. If yours has around the same date as mine, our pups aren't even a month old!

Lance,

Look inside your Concert. Just curious, what production date does it show inside yours? Mine shows 03/13/12. If yours has around the same date as mine, our pups aren't even a month old!

Yep, my baby's birthday is March 13, 2012 as well. Looks like we'll have one month olds tomorrow :)

Congratulations on your new Kamaka! It looks great! Having already bought a Kamaka in Hawaii, I settled this year for a Kamaka baseball cap.

By the way, the "uke on steroids" belongs to Saichi Kawahara, one of my ukulele instructors. His group, the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band, also performed at the festival.

Top Bottom