FS: Mainland Red Cedar/Rosewood Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydee

Reaction score
SOLD

It is with some trepidation that I put this beauty up for sale, but I'm trying to make room for a baritone, and this is the one that's got to go...

So, for sale is this all solid Mainland soprano. Red cedar top, rosewood back and sides, rosewood fretboard, bone nut and saddle. Gloss finish with the signature Mainland rope binding and rosette. This one has beautiful amber friction tuners with gold pegs. Strung with Martin fluorocarbons. It's a stunner.

It was a second, which means, like every true beauty, there are a couple of flaws (but these are all cosmetic). At the first fret, where the neck meets the fretboard, there is a finish flaw. There is also a small ding in the soundboard -- a case bite. The finish where the fretboard meets the soundboard is a little sloppy, but nothing major. I've taken photos of all of this. There are some nail marks on the gloss finish, as well, but the camera can't pick them up. You gotta squint.

This uke is a fantastic player -- loud and warm and clear, with great sustain. My plan is to get this same wood combination in the baritone size, otherwise, I wouldn't be selling.

Also included is an Ohana hibiscus pattern gig bag.

SOLD Paypal, please.

Sound sample and more pix to follow.

Attachments

• MainlandSign.jpg
    MainlandSign.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 87
  • MainlandBig.jpg
    MainlandBig.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 104
  • MainlandBack.jpg
    MainlandBack.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 83
  • MainlandTuners.jpg
    MainlandTuners.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 79
  • MainlandHeadstock.jpg
    MainlandHeadstock.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Here are a few more pix, and a vid with me playing it.

Attachments

• MainlandSide.jpg
    MainlandSide.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 39
  • MainlandBody.jpg
    MainlandBody.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 42
  • MainlandDing.jpg
    MainlandDing.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 40
  • MainlandNeck.jpg
    MainlandNeck.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 40
Damn! Why cant these be in the UK when they come up!?? I've wanted one of these forever! Amber and gold friction tuners too! Exactly what I'd have chosen....WHY?????? :iwant:

Damned if I didnt just buy this same uke! only difference was geared tuners instead of friction....even the same color buttons! Oh well, someone will get a good deal on this one

I am very tempted on this one myself. I actually already have one, it is a favorite of mine. It was also a factory second with a couple finish flaws. The one thing I really like about this one are the amber and gold friction pegs. Mine has ears (gold with black buttons). The one I have sounds so sweet though.............this is a tough one. Somebody buy this one quick!

Like your uke. Have sent you p. message...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom