New Ohana TK-20 day

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
I wanted to try a tenor and wanted one that I could sell easily if either I didn't like the size or wanted to upgrade. I was thinking of a Lanikai LU-21T since they are one of the big sellers. After exchanging a couple of emails with Mim I found out that she had two Ohana TK-20 on hand. I have CK-20S concert and love it. "Ship me one Mim!"

For those of you not familiar with Ohana's 20 models they are solid mahogany top with laminate mahogany sides and bottom and IMHO a very comfortable neck. In the $165 US price range I think these are a deal.

First thing I did was put Worth Browns on it, same as the concert. I now have same make, same model (sort of) and same strings to compare. Initial thoughs: it's easier to chord up the neck but doesn't cradle like a concert. Obviously lots more time is needed.

0406121643.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your new Ohana. Have a blast exploring the musical landscape of the tenor uke.

Congratulations! What a nice looking pair... I never have warmed up to my tenor, it's just too big. (bitch, bitch, bitch)

Congratulations! I'm very pleased with my Ohana's. They both have a great sound and "depth".

Top Bottom