For Sale: KoAloha super concert with crown bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolejohn

Reaction score
I have too many ukuleles and too much debt. I'm moving to China in 18 months (unless something happens) and w are liquidating almost everything we own. First up is my koaloha crown bridge super concert. Build date of September 2009. Very Loud and proud koaloha. This uke holds its own against guitars much larger than itself. Uke is currently strung with ko'olau alohi strings. Will come with a black case (semi hard). Price is set at $650 includes shipping/insurance. I usually ship usps. I have pics and will have them posted a soon as I can figure it how to post from my phone.
Issues: none really. Uke is used so normal wear and tear. There are some teeth mark scratches that I couldn't photo but they are by my fingers. Also one of the points on the crown bridge looks off. It was that way when I bought it.

523616_10150651361325208_593995207_9266796_890222498_n.jpg
558829_10150651361970208_593995207_9266797_378897301_n.jpg
527761_10150651362535208_593995207_9266798_851049523_n.jpg

Last edited:
John, woo hoo for moving to China! I'm jealous!

Fantastic price on one of my all-time favorite ukuleles. Of all the ukes I have sold, my crown bridge superconcert is one that I miss the most.

John, woo hoo for moving to China! I'm jealous!

Fantastic price on one of my all-time favorite ukuleles. Of all the ukes I have sold, my crown bridge superconcert is one that I miss the most.

Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell me that. I sold (kinda) my sceptre to get this uke. But I'm only taking two ukes to China with me. My koaloha concert and my mele 6 string.

Is this a concert body with a tenor scale? Also, any pictures of the tuners?

John,

Sort of a weird question to ask, but do you think the crown bridge affects the sound at all (it looks like it takes up a lot of that soundboard)?

Also, any interest in trades?

Cheers.

John,

Sort of a weird question to ask, but do you think the crown bridge affects the sound at all (it looks like it takes up a lot of that soundboard)?

Also, any interest in trades?

Cheers.

I do not think that the crown bridge effects the sound at all. If I remember correctly, KoAloha transitioned away from the crown bridge b/c they felt the newer bridges were more stable. This uke is loud. Louder than any other tenor I have ever owned or currently own.

trades???...I really need the cash since what ever uke I get in trade will end up being sold at a later date. But I am always open to uke plus cash:)

I believe they discontinued the crown bridge because it was more difficult to make. I could be wrong but I seem to remember a thread where that was given by them as the reason why.

I can't believe this has not sold yet. A lot of people seem to love/seek out the crown bridge. I almost want to buy it to just cause but really don't need it. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom