Kepasa soprano, Josephine model, solid Koa body & neck with Spruce top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
This is a Kepasa Ukulele made by Kevin Crossett in VT. This is the "Josephine" model. It features Hawaiian Koa wood on the sides, back and neck with nice figuring and a high gloss finish. It has a spruce top with tortoise shell binding on the top. I understand the fretboard and bridge are rosewood, very dark rosewood that looks a lot like ebony. The scale of the instrument is 14-inches.

Kevin Crossett is one of the best luthiers out there today. The current price of a new one is $850, plus months waiting. Additional information about the Josephine model can be found at http://www.kepasaukulele.com/

This is a warm sounding instrument with great note definition and balance across the strings (a very smooth sound somewhat deeper tone than one might expect with a spruce top). It is amazingly easy to play with great action. It has terrific intonation due to the compensated saddle. It includes a hard foam case.

Here is a sound sample of the instrument.
http://www.box.com/s/03341fa6d1f725c3f6a0

It really is a great instrument, but I prefer my other sopranos. So, I should re-home it. It is in nearly mint condition except on the upper right bout (see pictures in next post). There is some finish wear and scratches/small pick marks on the upper bout from a former owner. I made a tortoise shell pickguard from thin stock that will cover and protect the area. I will include the pickguard so that the new owner can decide if it looks better with or without it.

SOLD.

pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
More pics of the wear, scratches and optional pickguard.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Those a great ukuleles!!! I heard one of his concerts and fell in love, but never got a chance to get in the build line... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom