My first real Uke!!

Tycho Brahe

Reaction score
Finally upgraded from my beloved Lanikai Lu-21. I was reluctant to step up to Concert size but it works well. I do love just how adorably small the traditional Soprano is though. She feels and sounds great, she just needs a name now.

W0RWcl.jpg

Kala Solid Acacia Concert (KA-ASAC-C)

Took it out on a picnic with the lady friend and passed her the Lu21 and taught her a simple fingerpicking song.
OVxetl.jpg

PS - I read that Worth strings suit this uke better than the stock aquilas. Would they make it sound a bit closer to the traditional soprano size or what? I can't find them anywhere for the life of me! Any help finding them is appreciated. HMS is sold out :(

Congrats on the new uke, the Kala looks awesome, wow you passed the LU21 on...he he yeah I would too, looks like she wants to learn too...good going passing the uke love around....
Elderly Music has worth strings.....happy strummings

Congratulations, it's a beauty. Fluorocarbons strings, like Worths or Martins, might give it a sweeter tone than the Aquilas, which I find a bit brash on most ukes. It's definitely worth a try. (pun soooo not intentional)

Congratulations! That's a lovely concert uke. And glad to hear you've still got plenty of love for your soprano.

tigersister's right about trying Martin fluorocarbon strings if a set of Worth strings is hard to find.

Congrats! Nice woodgrain. The name will come when all in good time. Hopefully your freind will like the lanikai.

Keep us posted

Top Bottom