Trade: Brad Donaldson Vintage Soprano solid koa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
http://ukeeku.com/2011/07/26/brad-donaldson-vintage-s-full-review/

I am the lucky owner of the vintage soprano, exactly as reviewed here by Ukeeku.com (an excellent website). The photos and review are of the actual all solid koa soprano that I own; Tim reviewed it for Brad, and I bought it. This soprano sings, it really does. It's resonance is outstanding, and it features genuine Peghead tuners. Sound sample in ukeeku's great youtube vids. It has minor nail scratches almost too small to photograph, but I tried as best I could, and it is used. It has very mild circular marks on the back finish (which I tried to photograph--they are mentioned in ukeeku's review). There are no cracks and it's always well stored and humidified. It has Fremont Black Line strings, which is what Brad uses.

BradDonaldson 001.jpgBradDonaldson 002.jpgBradDonaldson 003.jpgBradDonaldson 004.jpgBradDonaldson 005.jpg

Why trade? I have found that I am more of a concert or tenor player, and am on Brad Donaldson's build list for a Donaldson tenor ukulele this autumn (placed my order in December 2011). Yeah! I'm excited! I strongly suggest Brad Donaldson as a builder.

So, I would consider a trade for a concert or tenor.

I have a black silver-latched hard case, like new condition, that this uke fits in well. If you have a uke to trade, with a hard case, that's cool. If not, we can pack well and trade without cases. Nonsmoking home.

I'm a huge Brad Donaldson fan. He's excellent, as is this ukulele. So, PM me if interested with any serious offers (think before you PM please) and we can talk. I will be out for a while and likely check my PMs tomorrow night (so no rush, I'll read them all then and get back to you).

Cheers! Steve

Last edited:
You Gotta be Kidding Steve. Two weeks ago you were willing to trade your Koaloha Soprano but not your Donaldson!! Well, if it was not that I am on Brad's build list I would be all over this-- but to any of you not on Brad's build list, (he is at least a year out on builds if there are any spots at all) you should be jumping. Good chance here for you to pick up a real treasure.

Last edited:
Someone TRADE this one out pronto! I have its close twin & this is an amazing uke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom