Singing while playing oddities?

ahgnuyen

Reaction score
I don't know if this happens with anybody else, but for some reason I find it easier to sing and pick a song at the same time than singing and simply playing chords.

For example, I have almost no trouble keeping tempo and rhythm with songs like Regina Spektor's "Us" and Mumford & Son's "The Cave", but when it comes to songs with relatively simple chords and strumming patterns like "Over the Rainbow" and "I'm Yours", I'm just completely thrown off.

Is it just me?

well, I know it's not me brother!!! I can sing and strum no probs but trying to incorporate the picking of melodies with the singing throws me overboard without a paddle. :eek:

Ha! It seems to be just the opposite for me. Weird. I find it easier to associate lyrics with specific notes rather than strums, so I guess that's why. But practice makes perfect, right? :D

Ha! It seems to be just the opposite for me. Weird. I find it easier to associate lyrics with specific notes rather than strums, so I guess that's why. But practice makes perfect, right? :D

I definitely can see what you mean. My problem is I've never been able to really sing properly and so when I actually hear what note I'm meant to be pitching my voice at it ends up throwing me even further off. Always too flat! But yeah, with some practice I'm sure I could improve (a bit) he he... I must say though I wish I had your problem mate! :)

I definitely can see what you mean. My problem is I've never been able to really sing properly and so when I actually hear what note I'm meant to be pitching my voice at it ends up throwing me even further off. Always too flat! But yeah, with some practice I'm sure I could improve (a bit) he he... I must say though I wish I had your problem mate! :)

Oh, I see what you mean. Hey, you can only get better! Best of luck. Ah, it's vice versa for me! My friends always request the 'typical' ukulele songs (Over the Rainbow, I'm Yours, Hey Soul Sister) and when I wanna sing along, I mess up! Argh.

Top Bottom