FS: Maui Music Long Scale Concert

SamUke

Reaction score
I am selling a new Maui Music Concert w/ tenor neck. Radius rosewood fretboard, koa top, mahogany sides and back, slotted head stock with geared tuners. hard shell case. 700 or trade for loprinzi soprano or concert. Thanks

Picture060.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

Hi--

I'm new to the UU, and recovering from a terrible accident that destroyed my Kala spalted maple/spruce top tenor. I'm interested in moving up to a better instrument, and I like the longer tenor scale. I play mostly finger-style, both blocked chord/melody stuff and broken arpeggiated style with runs. I'm wondering what your impression of this instrument is for that style of playing. (No uke I've played has sustain like a guitar, but I was always pleasantly surprised by the sustain on the Kala....) I couldn't tell from the pics--is it set up for low G or standard reentrant tuning?

Also, for payment, do you take PayPal? Shipping included in price?

Thanks!

Thanks for inquiring about the uke; MGM, whom I bought it from set it up for a high G. I think it is excellent for both strumming( due to the radius fret board) and picking. It has a shallow body which you would think would affect the sustain, but it does not it really sounds great. Yes I take paypal. Hope you are okay from the accident. Regards

Thanks for your kind reply. It looks like a very intriguing instrument, and I'm sure much finer than my departed Kala (I'll be ok btw, thanks for asking--best part is I can still play while I recover).

For an instrument of this pedigree I assume that the action is low and notes ring clear and intonation is tru up the neck?

Wish I could get a better sense of how it sounds--most sound samples I've heard over my so-so computer speakers don't show a tremendous amount of differentiation beyond the more obvious categories of soprano, concert, tenor, or at least I haven't learned to differentiate what does come through on the recordings. Would you say it sounds like an excellent version of the traditional concert uke, or does it have other qualities that stand out? I'm not looking for a uke that sounds like a capoed guitar, but I intend to use this one more to let notes ring within chords and to have single note lines peal out, rather than going for a strum-box (not that that isn't a beautiful and time-honored thing to do with a uke, but for that I think I'll go with a soprano (eventually).

Anyway, thanks for your patience, and if you'd prefer to continue this over pm, let me know that too.

Best,

--Dando

This is still available. Will consider a regular scale concert or best offer.

I have placed this on ebay but will still consider a trade for either a nice long necked soprano or Larrivee Soprano. If it gets a bid I have to obligate that.

Well this did not sell on ebay so I am open to fair offers or trades. Still would like a long neck or super Soprano.

This bad boy is still around for trade. Anybody with a Kanilea Super Tenor or Koaloha D-VI they are board of?

Offer to buy.

I am in the market to purchase a new uke, but with the holidays and an upcoming wedding, I can offer you $500.00. Let me know.

If anybody is interested in this I will let it go for $550, but US only.

Still interested.

Is there any way you can post a sound clip? I would also like it if you could send me the pics in an attached email so that I can have a closer look. My email is tikiink@gmail.com. Thanks.

Look on the fleamarket for my email one night deal at $500

Top Bottom