Lanikai LU-11 vs Lanikai LU-21/other good starter Ukes around $50

ZJE123

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Ukulele as my first and, through research, found that one of these two models would be perfect for me. I don't really care for aesthetics, but I really care for tuning and intonation. I have heard mixed reviews for both, but I seemed to have found that the LU-21 has better intonation. However, it has not been clear so far. Considering there is a somewhat big price difference between them on amazon, if the LU-11's intonation is fine, then I would lean towards that one. However, if the LU-21 is better with intonation, I wouldn't mind spending much more money for it. Does anyone have an idea about the intonation for these two models and which one would be better, or if they are the same? Also, if anyone has any more suggestions for a started Uke, I will take them (about $50 is my price range). I want to, mostly, use this instrument for songwriting (as in being able to play a quick idea on it) and as a quiet instrument I can play with. I currently play the piano and Bass guitar and I find it difficult to write music without playing it, but the piano is too loud at night to play and the bass isn't much of a lead instrument. And lastly, I want to get a Ukulele for something fun to just play with and as another instrument I can learn.

Top Bottom