Cyril Lefebvre†

wromble

Reaction score
Hello my friends,

Just to announce you that Cyril Lefebvre passed away this morning.

He was a musician, an producer, an historian, a comedian, a concert organizer.
He introduced ukulele in France, he was "Mr Ukukulele" here.
He also was a great slide guitar player.
He made gigs and records with some of the greatests.

We all are very sad on this Easter sunday.

Greetings to all of you,

Antoine

I'm very sad to hear that. Please tell me that this isn't the Cyril that recently posted a couple of amazing vids here in the video forum...

John

I'm very sad to hear that. Please tell me that this isn't the Cyril that recently posted a couple of amazing vids here in the video forum...

John

It aint me OldePhart.

I met the guy twice so i cant say i knew him, but ever since i started playing the uke, and meeting people and reading french forums
i have witnessed what he did for the ukulele in France and all over the world, and how much he will be missed in the ukulele world.

RIP

Condolences Antoine. Prayers sent. Thanks for the YouTube audio link to Cyril playing the resonator slide guitar. Cyril's music lives on through you and other musicians he's influenced. Ric

My condolences to Mr. Lefebvre's family and friends.

It aint me OldePhart.

I met the guy twice so i cant say i knew him, but ever since i started playing the uke, and meeting people and reading french forums
i have witnessed what he did for the ukulele in France and all over the world, and how much he will be missed in the ukulele world.

RIP

Well, I'm glad it wasn't you but am sorry for his friends and family - also sorry I never encountered his vids until now. Very talented guy.

John

Antoine,

Thank you very much for sharing this sad news. Cyril helped many people, even here in the United States, discover the joy of playing music.

His book, Ukulele: La Methode, is the one that helped me learn the most.

One of the highlights of my musical life was a visit to the Ukulele Hui in Paris in July 2010.

This is a sad loss. I hope you will take comfort in knowing that Cyril's contributions will live for many years to come.

-Josh

Cyril was buried this morning at Montmartre cemetery.

Greetings to you all,
and thank you for your messages
(I have sent them to his family)

Antoine

Top Bottom