Jumbolele Concert Cherry/Bloodwood

grenosi

Reaction score
Hello!
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Gregor and I'm a luthier from Vienna in Austria.
I'd like to show you a concert-sized Ukulele I recently finished.

Ukulele jc 025.jpgUkulele jc 026.jpgUkulele jc 027.jpgUkulele jc 028.jpgUkulele jc 029.jpg

Greetings, Gregor

I like the Jumbo guitar look. I'm also a fan of light colored wood with a red toned binding. Nice looking instrument.

Such a beautiful uke. I really like the jumbo guitar shape. The question I have is How does it sound. Any chance we could hear it.

Hello!
Thank you very much for your feedback.
@Pete Howlett: I thought of making a moustache bridge to copy the style of a Gibson SJ but actually I don't like the look of a moustache. That's why I made a rather simple bridge. And yes, Cherry is a fine tonewood to work with. Especially flamed cherry is very nice. (But I don't have any at the moment. :()

@Craig Finnegan: That my Uke reminds you of a flamenco guitar comes as a surprise to me. I made a Ukulele last year that's very close to a flamenco guitar. (If you're interested I can show you some pictures of it.)

@BashfulPuppet: I'd like to make a video and put it on Youtube. The problem is - to be honest - I'm quite a lousy player on the Ukulele. I could strum some chords (maybe "Somewhere over the rainbow") but that would not be very satisfying.

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Stunning, Gregor! Beautifully done.

Gregor, it's very pretty. I especially like the wide band of the rosette.

Hello!

@ksquine: Back and sides: Cherry; top: Spruce; neck: Mahogany; Bindings, fingerboard, bridge, headplate: Blood Wood; rosette: Lacewood

Greetings from Vienna,
Gregor

If you know any ukulele players, I'm sure they would be honored to play a bit on it for you to post on you tube. Would love to hear it too. It's beautiful.

Hello!
Thank you very much for your feedback.
@Pete Howlett: I thought of making a moustache bridge to copy the style of a Gibson SJ but actually I don't like the look of a moustache. That's why I made a rather simple bridge. And yes, Cherry is a fine tonewood to work with. Especially flamed cherry is very nice. (But I don't have any at the moment. :()

@Craig Finnegan: That my Uke reminds you of a flamenco guitar comes as a surprise to me. I made a Ukulele last year that's very close to a flamenco guitar. (If you're interested I can show you some pictures of it.)

@BashfulPuppet: I'd like to make a video and put it on Youtube. The problem is - to be honest - I'm quite a lousy player on the Ukulele. I could strum some chords (maybe "Somewhere over the rainbow") but that would not be very satisfying.

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Top Bottom