I don't know witch Uke i have. Left or Right handed.

eRR

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought Mahalo Ukulele on ebay. I'm left-handed man. In the description the seller wrote that it is a left-handed. But now I'm not sure, so I ask here. Witch a string is at the top if I hold the ukulele left-handed? For me is the thinnest. Is this OK? Thinnest string is a "G" string? Thank You.

Second string should be the thickest (the "C" string). That is an easier way to check since the G and A strings are quite similar in size.

Second string should be the thickest (the "C" string). That is an easier way to check since the G and A strings are quite similar in size.

That would be the second from the top. Most people call that the third string, if they're numbering from the bottom up... So to be clear, the thickest string on your uke (the C string) should be second from the top, third from the bottom. GCEA from top down.

Top string = G string
next string= C string
next string= E string
Bottom string= A string

If the thinnest string (A string) is at the top, you have a Right handed Uke and you're holding it upside down.

Last edited:
Plucking the four strings from top to bottom when you're not pressing any frets should sound like "My dog has fleas".

Top Bottom