FS: Hamano H100 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
Edit: Too many nice ukes for sale, so I'll try to sweeten this a bit. New price: $200 shipped with gig bag.

For anyone who doesn't know, Hamano's are reproductions of the old Martin style 1 ukuleles. They have similar detailing, the same build techniques and (an attempt at) the same tone.

I've had this soprano for about a year, and didn't think I would ever sell it, but a recently rehabbed Favilla U2 from the '40s edged it out.

SAM_3066.jpgSAM_2499.jpgSAM_2503.jpgSAM_2512.jpgSAM_2507.jpg

Here's the specs:

Solid Mahogany top, back and sides
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard and bridge
Bone nut and saddle
Grover friction tuners
Antiqued satin finish with B/W/B purfling and rosette
Worth BLs

Retail on these is right around $400. This one's in great shape and comes with a padded gig bag for $200 shipped CONUS.

Hamano doesn't seem to get a lot of press in the US, so here's a link to Sophie Madeline (before she defected to Pono -- he he): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B96wv6Tfmg&feature=relmfu She's playing a concert, but it's a good representation of the sound (and she sounds a lot better than I do).

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM. And if you own an Hamano and want to add any info/opinions, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Alright, ladies and gentlemen: one more bump?

Last edited:
Gah I really want this but I just bought a KPK for my birthday two weeks ago and then taxes cleaned me completely out. Otherwise I'd be buying it. Beautiful uke.

Thanks, Ben.

I had a KPK for a while -- they're great ukes. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom