Amanda Palmer tweets about my cover of "The Ukulele Anthem"!

CountryMouse

Reaction score
Eeeee, I am so over-the-moon about this! I wasn't sure where to post this, so mods, if this needs to be moved, please do so.

https://twitter.com/#!/amandapalmer/status/189147674895859715

I didn't know if she'd ever even see my video of her song, much less LIKE it and tweet about it to all her followers! ::faint:: In case you don't know, she so totally GETS it about the power of the ukulele!

Mousie

I saw that on my twitter feed and was like HEY I KNOW HER! :)

So cool.

This is so completely awesome! Congratulations. I'm not as cool as Amanda Palmer but I thoroughly enjoyed your cover too :)

Nix

Just watched the cover video -- absolutely wonderful!

You just made my night, Country Mouse.

So so so cool! Liked and RT'd!

That gives you some hardcore uke street cred... ;)

:agree:

Are you playing a Hilo in that video?

That is incredibly cool. Nice job on the cover.

I have no idea who Amanda Palmer is, but apparently, she is more than just your average kid with a tweeting thing going on.

In any case, regardless of whether Ms Palmer liked you vid, I certainly enjoyed it. But one way or another, a big Hooray to the Mouse for getting noticed and complimented all public-like.

:agree:

Are you playing a Hilo in that video?

Yes! You can see a closeup of the soundhole area at the very end of the video.

I tried to get a Hilo exactly like Amanda's but mine is slightly different--it was hard to find one! Also, I cheated and didn't leave the stock strings on. I have Ko'olau Mahana strings on instead. And a Uke Leash strap--I'm using it as a full strap with one of Lori's strap button adapters. I really have a very hard time playing any ukulele without some kind of strap!

Mousie

Top Bottom