PDA

View Full Version : Uke U 2012

Bradford
04-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey, I just got an email about a ukulele festival in Bend Oregon, July 20-22. Sounds like it could be a west coast version of the UWC. Information is at www.ukeU.info. Check it out.

Brad

Dominator
04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Bradford, thanks for the headsup. However, I don't think it is anything like UWC. UWC is just a big party with an open mic, plenty of food and drink etc. There are no workshops or vendors and there is no cost to participate, except of course your travel to get there etc. etc. The Bend Oregon event cost money and has workshops etc.

Bradford
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Dom, good points, I guess my basis for comparison is they are both primarily camping venues. Every ukulele festival I have attended have been big parties. Also with the early registration being $20 per person and $35 after May 1, it is a whole lot closer to free for me than flying to Wisconsin. Anyway only time will tell how good an event it is.

Brad

Elainede
04-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Anyway only time will tell how good an event it is.

Brad

My experience with putting on events has shown me that its the people who come who make it a "good" event...and we haven't had a bad one yet. This particular one sounds great.

radclbob
04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks, Brad, for your comments about Ukulele University in Bend, Oregon. The Bend Ukulele Group is excited about our first festival, and we hope that many of our friends will join us. We are keeping costs as low as possible to encourage early signups. So far we have a large group from the Santa Cruz Ukulele Club coming up, as well as folks from SoCal, Nevada, Idaho, not to mention Oregon and Washington. For more informatin, go to ukeu.info, or contact me directly, radclbob@yahoo.com
Bob Rasmussen

Bradford
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey Bob, I am very much looking forward to it.

Brad

ADD
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey Dom, good points, I guess my basis for comparison is they are both primarily camping venues. Every ukulele festival I have attended have been big parties. Also with the early registration being $20 per person and $35 after May 1, it is a whole lot closer to free for me than flying to Wisconsin. Anyway only time will tell how good an event it is.

Brad

Brad, just in case you do come to UWC, make sure you fly to Indianapolis, Indiana. It will be a whole lot closer to the UWC field near Nashville, INDIANA (not TN)