you might find this hard to believe Ive been playing the same song for 3 years

Keef

Reaction score
you might find this hard to believe Ive been playing the same song for 3 years. its the only song I play and I made it up I have no idea what notes im playing and this song has evolved from noises I have made with really no instruction but every once and a while I make a noise that sounds good so I add it to the string of noises now after 3 years I have a long string of noises that sound ok together
this is a weird and dumb way to learn ;)

Aloha Keef,
Maybe you're not here so we can inspire and motivate you....check out the post in uke talk of What is you favorite song to play now....try some new songs....
hey good to see you back buddy.....happy strummings..

I sorta had that. There was this progression I liked, and always noodled around with it, but it didn't go anywhere, it was just like an incomplete sentence. It started out as (best served with lush 80s chorus effect) strummed Em, Bm7, F, Am, like the sad part of a missing song. Then I started picking within the chords... then I started adding a hanging D (a string 5th fret) to the Em and taking the D away, going to Bm7 and making it D by adding that pinky back and taking it away, then F with a hanging C, and Am with the same hanging C... still the sad part of a song that doesn't exist.

That went on for a year or so, must be annoying to hear a repeating incomplete sentence, but I was never a song writer.

Until Joeybug asked me for input on a song she's doing. That little diddy fit in perfectly, and from there I worked backwards until the rest of the song fit around it. Thanks to her, I basically wrote my first song. Sometimes you just need a little motivation. :)

Keef, you must be pretty damned good at that song after three years. Please make a video, and we can tell you what song it sounds like. And we'll also tell you, honestly, if it's just disjointed hogwash.

Keef, do you enjoy what you are playing ? If so, keep it up. Surely there is some method in your madness - you've just got to discover that for yourself.

Raises hand "I have one of those too!" I heard someone else play it once and was kinda P.O.'d :mad:

So many songs sound so similar. After all there's only so many chords to work with right. I often plink around on my uke with no particular song in my head. Sometimes my plinking sounds original and sometimes it has hints of something vaguely familiar. I'm very pleased when my husband likes my made up tunes and learns to play them too.

Just have fun!! I know I am!

Heh, heh. I remember a year or so ago I was playing around with this chord sequence I really liked. It sounded really familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd heard it. Called a friend of mine who's played in bar bands for years and he was like, "Dude, that's Freebird..." LOL

John

really the song keeps getting longer because its all the same thing played 3 different ways stacked end on end
I really should make a video before my cat bob gets to much older he always comes out of hiding joins me and sings along :) the song is kinda based around this discovery http://youtu.be/qUZR_Isj8jQ

Last edited:
Top Bottom