New Concert Spruce/Peach Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new concert size uke made of some very nice woods for the body. The top is one piece top grade Sitka spruce that is light in weight and very even grain lines. The back, sides and head plate are very colorful local Peach tree wood that I have had for about 10 years. Its make a beautiful unique looking uke. The top and back bindings, finger board and bridge are rosewood. The top purfling and sound hole rosette are a Peach and w/b combination of wood strips. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. This Mango has nice color and some very small worm holes from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany. There are 12 frets to the body, 17 total. Frets are slightly larger than small uke frets making playing easy and smooth and the finger board has a radius. MOP dots for fret markers with white side dots. Bone nut and compensated saddle. Gold colored Grover brand friction tuners with hand-made Peach wood knobs. MOP into ebony logo inlay. Satin nitro-lacquer finish. 15" playing scale. Worth brand BM strings. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow sound with excellent highs that spruce is famous for. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$1500

Attachments

• Peach concert 2012-4-9b.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9b.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9c.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9d.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9d.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Peach concert 2012-4-9e.jpg
    Peach concert 2012-4-9e.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Yikes! Can't do it. Not looking, but exactly what I'd order for myself.

Oh, my. Duane has done it again. Peach is, well, peachy.:)

Based on a Black Bear soprano in our house, I'd say this is a stunning deal.

Beautiful Looking Uke !
Any sound samples of this Ukulele ?

Sorry, but I do not have any recording equipment to post a sound sample. I will say, this uke has a extremely clear voice with more than a touch of mellow. The nice thing about spruce is the very nice high end with excellent volume, but still the uke sound.

Beautiful Looking Uke !
Any sound samples of this Ukulele ?

FWIW, my Black Bear all koa concert uke has better tone and volume than all 3 major K-brand production koa concerts I have owned.
"clear voice with more than a touch of mellow" is a good description of mine. I assume the spruce top would be brighter than mine.

Here is a somewhat recent sound sample of my Black Bear all koa concert.
http://soundcloud.com/doc-hj/black-bear-c2

Wow, that's a beauty! I wish I had that much cash lying around...

Top Bottom