William King LS Koa Tenor Ukulele, Slotted Headstock, MISI Pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Hi all, I tried to sell my other instruments but have no buyers, so I am selling my masterpiece. Sold. Thanks for comments
This was my dream , but life has a way to change our dreams. So first let me send you to the makers journal, "http://chantus.com/journal/index.php?/archives/791-new-koa-tenor-for-sale.html" here you will find the images and words of this masterpiece by the builder. I have added more pics taken by me. Details of construction and materials also stated in his journal. The slotted headstock and Gilbert tuners are sensational.
This tenor is built larger than the typical tenor, in fact it will not fit in most tenor cases. I have it soundly bedded in a new baritone hard case that is included with this sale. William King uses his own custom string selection to perfectly mate with the instrument selected. he uses Savarez nylon strings each individually selected to make the re-entrant tuning perfect for this instrument. The sound is crisp and luxurious and is different / better than all the other ukes I have heard. Mr Kings mastery of construction and the nuances of assembly puts him at the very top of the master builders . In addition I had him add a MISI passive pickup before shipment.
This instrument built in January 2012 has been lightly used an is in mint, as new, condition
I am selling for financial reasons, I need the money. It breaks my heart as I waited so long to buy this instrument , but ...
Price delivered in hard case in CONUS is $2200 KingFrtLong.jpgKingSides.jpgDSC_0121-1.jpgDSC_0110.jpg.
I will add a picture tomorrow with case and UU data required to post. PICTURE is posted on page 2
Thanks for looking Bob

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you have sell your dream uke...Good luck!!! Love the Gilbert Tuners!!!

Bob, it looks amazing. What a shame you have to sell her, but no doubt someone is going to be very happy about it. You mentioned 'start the bidding'...do you have an ebay link for us mate?

no worries, great price in any case. had I the money I would love to get my hands on a beautiful William King like this one.

Wow. I have jonesed for a King for the last 2 years.

The stars are not perfectly aligned for me to buy this; but, that has never stopped me before.

Its my Friday where I live and I'll be churning it over in my head all day about what to do - what to do.

THanks Bob for bringing it to UU first!!!!!

So sorry you've had to put this beauty on the market. Hope everything works out for you!

It's a beauty, alright. I would consider it if we only lived closer, seriously.

Where's GX990X when we need him to buy a King. He's got every other custom uke under the sun, why not one more?

bobmyers, I like your bamboo floor, btw.

Last edited:
I pray that someone will respond to your earlier posts to sell other ukes, so you can keep the King.

Where's GX990X when we need him to buy a King. He's got every other custom uke under the sun, why not one more?

Har! But I've already got a King LS tenor. I do wish I had Gilbert tuners on that one though. (I wish I have every custom uke under the sun...I don't think I even have as many as you!)

To the OP, have you tried selling your ukes on Flea Market Music Marketplace? More expensive ukes tend to sell better over there in my experience. I'd try to keep the King unless something is wrong or you just don't like it though. Anyway, good luck with the sale.

+1 on the King longscale tenor. I have one and it is one of my finest ukes. Great build quality and sound. And the slightly larger body and longer scale give it great volume. Whoever buys this will not be disappointed.

Now I'm really looking forward to do a King/AG Kanilea comparison. Thanks Bob for working with me on this!!!! You are a great patron to the UU members and ukulele community.

Not another one Frankie...you only get two hands...ha ha Congratulations... well you beat me again....darn it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom