Help Me Choose Between These 2 Kaneli'a Ukes

jazzbo

Reaction score
Number 1. I don't care for the dark line on the rear bottom of number 2.

A coin toss says number 1. (I tossed a coin since they're both beauties.)

Really, the seller to should be glad to play these ukes for you over the phone, and to discuss any perceived sonic differences that you or (s)he notices. That five-minute conversation should make it clear which is the uke for you.

another vote for number 1

I'd take the back of number 1 and the top of number 2. The neck of either would do just fine.

Seriously though: number 1.

Originally Posted by mm stan

Is that all the choices...if so the first one...maybe wait???

I am with you, Stan. On the Premium they can do better.

Yes, I have seen better Permium Koa wood, especially with more contrast between the light and dark grain.

Another concern is the 2 on a plate tuners that I'm not real fond of, but that could be changed easy enough.

Keep the wisdom coming guys, I'm getting a discount and that clouds my judgement. If I can get number one for the price of a non-premium model, I guess the wood would be less of an issue.

i got the kanilea k1-tp and love it sound is great i didnt hear the sound either but wen i got it in fom hms man i was impressed

FYI, I plan on selling my Super Tenor Premium built in 10/11 on UU soon. Here's some pics w/ flash if you are interested. Hard to take good pics w/ bad lighting. Anyways, just throwing another option out there.

Front.jpgBack.jpg

I like number 1 better, but are you getting it just for the "premium"? If so, maybe neither. I feel like my deluxe has more drama.

4901309223_e4ff9173ba_z.jpg

4901308267_a105bce880_z.jpg

If it's just that you dig these two ukes and you're more interested in sound but looks are a bonus... then I'd say number 1. :)

Top Bottom