The autopsy table....

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Bits for a wholesale ukulele going to the only store I currently supply...

DSCF0726.jpg

They get the same attention to detail,fit and finish as comissioned ukulele. Three fan brace system clearly on show and my now two brace back system Martin guitar style with the lower butt brace 1/2" square.
Solid linings also to stiffen the sides.

The definition is lost with the digital image. Front braces are very light Swiss pine, sanded to triangular shape before glued to the thin front... Things are not as they look Dom. My ukes are among the lightest out there... sides are also thin - hence the solid linings. Perhaps i will do a show and tell video when its finished. Been buiulding like this for the last 4 years and no complaints in the volume and tone departments :)

Yep, probably the pics. I thought I'd seen some pics from a long, long time back and those particular pics made the braces seem a bit smaller. Looks like some great work as usual Pete. I'm planning on opening the shop again this weekend:).

Pete, two questions:
1) what is the oval label next to your normal label?
2) can we get a close-up of that sexy bridge?!?
Lookin' good!
john

Southern Ukulele Store - they have their own style which I designed and build for them...

I think the correct term here is necropsy? Autopsy refers to humans, and necropsy to non-humans. Though if you're doing this to an autoharp, would it be a necroautopsy? Eh, I say let's go with uketopsy. Now that's a funny word.

Top Bottom