PDA

View Full Version : WILCO - Jesus etc...

ombracorta
04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi :)
This is my rendition of Jesus etc... by Wilco. I love this band and this song. Tonight I had to cook something for dinner but I couldn't resist and I recorded quickly this video in my kitchen. Yeah... then I had to dace a disappointed wife and an hungry baby :roll eyes:

http://youtu.be/bxpBV1BgK34

I'm playing Kiwaya KTS4 bought from GT3T11 (Hi Ginny!!)
See ya thanks for watching!

Hippie Dribble
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Brilliant mate. I love these guys too, and this was one of my favourites from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Your voice is awesome brother.

Camsuke
04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Nice work mate, the acoustics in the kitchen are just right even if the cook has strayed from his duties.

ombracorta
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks Eugene end Camsuke!! :)

GinnyT11
04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Ciao Ombracorta! Ohayo Mifune! We don't get see enough of you on these boards.

I don't know this song in the original, but I liked your version, both for the strumming and the soulful singing. You did a fine job, and I hope your family will quickly forgive you, even though they are eating later!

I'm hoping you'll sing something with your brother again soon.

Best to you!

23skidoo
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I dig the vocals, too... a really nice arrangement, as well.... I play this one on guitar and you do a great job of keeping the original sound of the tune, especially the descending line in the changes during the chorus..... I love Wilco and this tune has got one of my favorite Jeff Tweedy lines in it: "Our love is all of God's money" - does songwriting get any better than that?

Nicely done, man - and I agree with GT - I always enjoy your posts and would love to see more.....

stmace
04-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Thanks for making this video. Good vocals, good playing, and good musical affect.

musicmonsterw
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Nice vocals and playing. Good job!

ombracorta
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I promise I'll post videos more often!