Ukes with radiused fingerboards - which ones have it?

Eyeguy

Reaction score
I'm thinking seriously of picking up a uke with a radiused fingerboard just to see how I like it compared to the standard flat fingerboard for bar chords and the like. Can folks educate me on which ukes, newer of vintage, have radiused fingerboards? Thanks

I think that you are going to have to look towards the higher end ukes to get a radiused fretboard. All Collings ukes have them. I believe that all Mya Moe ukes have them. Some Black Bear, William King, and I think Maui Music have them.

I played a Rip Tide by Boulder Creek the other week and I think it had a radiused fretboard also.

I just bought a Mya Moe mainly for the Radiused fretboard. I can really tell the difference. The MM fretboard is like buddah. Will never go back to a flat fb.

"Radiused" means a slight convex curve across the fret board? I think the Kala Archtop f-hole has that sort of fretboard.

According to the review over at Ukulele Ghetto, the Collings ukes have a slight radius. It seems to me that the Kala archtop does as well... pity nothing else works on it.

Breedlove ukulele's are radiused. Ken Potts ukulele's are also radiused.

Thanks folks - that at least gives me some choices to consider. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom