Mainland for a Mainland?

Total Ukphoria

Reaction score
Mainland slotted head concert for a non-mohangany Mainland? (video included)

I've got a lovely Mahogany Concert with Slotted Headstock. It's the one without the rope binding. I have several mahogany ukes- was hoping for another wood.

I will consider trading it for another mainland or perhaps something comparable.

Here's a video tutorial I made that happens feature this uke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcYhPF6COc

Last edited:
I am meeting with a friend tonight to see which uke she likes. I have the red cedar and the one you have. If she likes the slot head, then I could sell her it and trade for the red cedar so that I end up with the slot head again if you are interested? My UU doesn't send me messages that I have a message anymore and no response from the big guys that run the joint so PM me if you can so that I see it immediately when I open it up. Thanks!

It is a Concert Cedar but lets see what happens tonight.

Ok, this really confusing...is the mainland for sale? Why would you want to sell the slothead one with the intention of getting another? Why not just keep your one? Reeeeeeeeally confused lol Maybe its me.....

I've got a lovely Mahogany Concert with Slotted Headstock. It's the one without the rope binding.

I will consider trading it for another mainland or perhaps something comparable.

Here's a video tutorial I made that happens feature this uke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcYhPF6COc

I have a the Mainland red cedar/rosewood pineapple along with a Stagg pineapple-shaped soprano hardcase that I'd be willing to trade for the concert.
The slot head concert is on my list for my next purchase so the trade would be great. The reason I'd be willing to trade is that I recently bought a Kamoa E3 pineapple and find I like the neck and fingerboard width better (slightly wider).

Last edited:
I was going to try to give my friend my slothead so she could take it with her on her trip and then I would just another one. That's all, no funny business. She was over last night and took my Ohana Soprano cedartop last night and I really didn't want to let it go but that's what friends are for I guess...(I am actually singing that damn song now!$$@!)

Ok, this really confusing...is the mainland for sale? Why would you want to sell the slothead one with the intention of getting another? Why not just keep your one? Reeeeeeeeally confused lol Maybe its me.....

I believe he has stated several times that he would like to trade for a Mainland that isn't mahogany as he has several mahogany ukes. Not an odd request in my eyes.

I was going to try to give my friend my slothead so she could take it with her on her trip and then I would just another one. That's all, no funny business. She was over last night and took my Ohana Soprano cedartop last night and I really didn't want to let it go but that's what friends are for I guess...(I am actually singing that damn song now!$$@!)

Oh no, I wasn't suggesting anything untoward!! lol Just wondered why you would give away the mahogany slothead only to end up with the same kind again..lol I get it now..I was just being a dufus

Top Bottom