Kanilea Super Tenor Premium, Koaloha Tenor, Eddie Vedder Hardcover Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's collectible and I just want to share my love for EV with someone who would appreciate the whole package.

Super Tenor... So help me with the specs, this would be a tenor body with a baritone scale neck? Or the lower bout reference would be a baritone body with tenor scale neck?

It's a 10.5" lower bout but everything else is tenor I believe. It's the Sir Mix-A-Lot uke. I like big bouts and I cannot lie!! Hahaha

That's why it can't fit in normal tenor size cases. I called Joe Sousa and he said I would have to use a baritone case. I was very lucky to have purchased the Republic Blue for $150 as I wanted an awesome travel case that gave superb protection. When my Donaldson arrived, it looked very small in it so I got the idea to put the Kanilea in there and it fits. The problem with the Baritone case is that you have so much space on top since the neck is tenor scale.

Those Kanilea Super Tenors are fantastic ukes! I recently sold mine to fund a custom build, but I have serious regrets about letting it go. BTW, I found that my Super Tenor fit in a mandolin case pretty nicely. It was the right width and length, just a little round in the body!

Is that a Reunion Blues tenor case you have the Kanilea in? Haven't heard of Republic Blue!

Is that a Reunion Blues tenor case you have the Kanilea in? Haven't heard of Republic Blue!

They are well known and have a youtube video where they drop an electric guitar from top of a bldg and it survives. I really want to keep it and if I sell it, I will buy another one. Has backpack straps which is a big plus for me.

They are well known and have a youtube video where they drop an electric guitar from top of a bldg and it survives. I really want to keep it and if I sell it, I will buy another one. Has backpack straps which is a big plus for me.

Do you mean this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03JU695A6hE

of a Reunion Blues case and an electric guitar dropped from a building?

Wow, Kala and Reunion Blues within a couple of miles of each other! Petaluma must be a happenin' place!

They are well known....

But it is Reunion Blues not a Republic Blue as you are stating, correct?

They are well known....

But it is Reunion Blues not a Republic Blue as you are stating, correct?

My bad, I didn't catch what everyone was saying...I was selling a new Chinese knockoff...Just Kidding

YES, it is a Reunion Blues and they are great!!

My bad, I didn't catch what everyone was saying...I was selling a new Chinese knockoff...Just Kidding

YES, it is a Reunion Blues and they are great!!

Ok glad you got it - now we can let you get back to the business of selling ukes! I love the Kanilea Super Tenor you have - what a beauty! My KST is one of my favorite ukes and yours is gorgeous with the premium wood. Good luck!

Ok glad you got it - now we can let you get back to the business of selling ukes! I love the Kanilea Super Tenor you have - what a beauty! My KST is one of my favorite ukes and yours is gorgeous with the premium wood. Good luck!

What strings do you have on it? The Aquilas sounded best so far but I didn't like the feel so put on Pro Arte but those sound a little boomy so ordered some Worth and Aquilas Nyltech, which are supposed to feel better. Any advice would be appreciated for the next owner!!

What strings do you have on it? The Aquilas sounded best so far but I didn't like the feel so put on Pro Arte but those sound a little boomy so ordered some Worth and Aquilas Nyltech, which are supposed to feel better. Any advice would be appreciated for the next owner!!

I have Fremont Medium Low Gs on it but Worth's would probably be nice too. I'm not sensitive to the boominess though - I love it! I'm not a fan of Aquila's except on my banjo uke but haven't tried their bionylons. I think everyone has to try out strings to find "their" sound.

Thanks Dominator for the tabs. Best website for learning songs!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom