Picked up a big sister to watch over the tenors

Eyeguy

Reaction score
Been having so much fun with my 2 tenor ukes I decided to venture into the baritone realm. Not sure whether to go with standard baritone tuning or maybe try low G CEA tuning - any suggestions?

DSC_0079-1.jpg

DSC_0081-1.jpg

Martin. Sweeet! Howz it sound? Need video! :)

I've got a baritone. It just sounds like a normal uke in GCEA tuning, you want to tune it to DGBE for the full effect.

Congratulations on your new baritone ukulele and welcome to Baritone World! I've heard good things about Martin baritones but I've never had the chance to play one. One alternative to either DGBE or low G GCEA tuning is octave-lower GCEA tuning. I bought octave-lower GCEA strings from Guadalupe Custom Strings in LA, but I haven't used them yet. They're supposed to better exploit the baritone's capacity for low frequency sounds than ordinary GCEA strings.

wow that Martin looks gorgeous, blimey there seems to be a baritone explosion lately, which i am part of to , funny how they are suddenly taking off, i must say i have fallen fo rthe bari very much, love playing it look forward to seeing some vids of you playing your bari :)

Top Bottom