New Kala website design

AcousticBuckeye

Reaction score
Unlike their previous website, I can't get past the homepage on an iOS device. That's a big oversight from a design standpoint considering the amount of web traffic these days on iOS (over 10% in some countries).

My guess is Kala doesn't give a flying flip how accessible it is in terms of what internet device people use in countries other than the US. Their online store doesn't ship outside the US, not so much as a plastic nut or saddle, even though Amazon's payment system makes this easy to process.

I agree about it being a clueless choice for a company to not make an iPad-friendly site. It's like they got Ryan from The Office to handle their online strategy. It's just if you wanted to make the case to them that limiting their html to desktop browsers only is dumb, saying what we do in other countries won't sway them, sadly.

Stuff like that really grinds my gears. I agree with you that it just makes less than no sense.

My guess is Kala doesn't give a flying flip how accessible it is in terms of what internet device people use in countries other than the US. Their online store doesn't ship outside the US, not so much as a plastic nut or saddle, even though Amazon's payment system makes this easy to process.

Interesting. I'm in the UK.

A local guitar shop has just got a batch of Kala ukes in. I got an Solid Acacia top soprano for 20 GB Pounds less than the dollar price quoted on their website (based on current conversion rates). Usually, by the time tax and customs duty has been added in, UK shop prices work out more than the equivalent US dollar prices.

I am one happy bunny. Not only do I have a lovely new uke but I also got it at a good price. :) :cool:

Unlike their previous website, I can't get past the homepage on an iOS device. That's a big oversight from a design standpoint considering the amount of web traffic these days on iOS (over 10% in some countries).
Works fine on my iPad (I didn't check every page). Maybe it was still being uploaded/updated.

I don't recall such a large difference in their "list" price vs. "street" price. Solid mahogany concert list = $316, street = $221. That's 30%.

Interesting. I'm in the UK.

A local guitar shop has just got a batch of Kala ukes in. I got an Solid Acacia top soprano for 20 GB Pounds less than the dollar price quoted on their website (based on current conversion rates). Usually, by the time tax and customs duty has been added in, UK shop prices work out more than the equivalent US dollar prices.

I am one happy bunny. Not only do I have a lovely new uke but I also got it at a good price. :) :cool:

But if you need a replacement part, you're at the mercy of the ability of the reseller to get it to you. Kala sells that stuff from their website, but although you probably purchased from an authorized dealer, you won't be able to buy the part from Kala because they don't want to ship it to you. It's a shortsighted strategy on their part IMO.

On my iPad and iPhone, clicking on the INSTRUMENTS button briefly displays the drop down menu, and then the entire page reloads.

On my iPad and iPhone, clicking on the INSTRUMENTS button briefly displays the drop down menu, and then the entire page reloads.
Yep, now I see it. Same problem on my iPad. As a former web designer/developer, you try and test for every situation but there is always a list of things that need to be fixed after the initial launch. This should be on that list.

I'm on a network desk top computer and it won't let me navigate. Says my browser is outdated. I can get the videos to play but not much else. Hopefully they fix it.

I got the same message on my PC. Kind of a bummer, would like to take a look! But sadly I can't.

Top Bottom