noodling advice

luckyends

Reaction score
so often times than not i find myself strumming random chords than ever actually playing a song. this could be because of my skill level or my indecisive mind (either is a possibility).
So my question is does any one have a list or can suggest some chord progressions that sound sort of Hawaiian or even just interesting and fun to play around with, because i find myself playing the same 5 chords over and over again
thank you

Go to the ukulele page on my website and download the "ukulele exercises" pdf file (it's towards the bottom of the page).

It has a number of different, standard progressions in about a half-dozen keys per progression.

oooh! Thanks for this. This'll be fun to mess around with.

how sad is it?...

that I was disappointed not to find any reference to hand fishing?

I can remedy that....noodling

Even sadder...
I live near where this was filmed....BUT I don't have a similar accent or lifestyle to the rednecks depicted. I have a completely different redneck lifestyle:D

that I was disappointed not to find any reference to hand fishing?

I can remedy that....noodling

Even sadder...
I live near where this was filmed....BUT I don't have a similar accent or lifestyle to the rednecks depicted. I have a completely different redneck lifestyle:D

i was thinking the same thing.

I had the same problem as you, I'd get comfortable with with specific progressions, When i'd go to write songs it would be difficult. Only way i could rid myself of that was learn new styles of music, Classical, Jazz country etc etc...

I grew up playing and learning Heavy Metal and rock....I can do power chords and finger tapping in my sleep now cause thats all i did.

When it came to 9th chords and jazz progressions or folk and bluegrass i was like :confused: I felt like a musical idiot lol

How I rid myself of that was, I started playing different instruments. I love classical guitar progressions, AM C F EM or AM C G F EM

Jazz progressions are kinda hard for me....But to make it easier you need to find songs and play along with them...

Partly I'm new round here, so just wanted to say HI!
I have the same tendency to start noodling and then end up with the same old chords. Right now I'm experimenting more with just moving chord shapes up and down the neck or adding removing a finger from the shape.
If I get really stuck I learn a song that I like and then try playing the chords in a different order, backwards for instance.

For me the noodling is how I usually end up with songs. I just flail around for hours on end until I hit on something that sounds interesting enough to expand upon. Then play it until it becomes something else.

Top Bottom