What kind of Worth Strings?

aznxtrm2

Reaction score
What kind of worth strings should i get for my lanikai concert? because i see that theres alot on the worths website and all the tensions and what not, so im wondering whats good for a concert. THX in advance. and im kinda leaning towards brown, but if anyone has opinions then please let me kno.

my advice is to try the ones you're interested in yourself. I've heard different
things on some same strings from different people. I've also tried different strings and had different opinions about them from people that I know. so guess
it's what your looking for.:music:

I was actually lookin into strings today too. I, myself am gonna go with Worth browns, as Aldrine and a few other players swear by them. One of the uke mins covers this.

I loved my Aquilas, but I wanna try somethin a lil different. Don't be afraid to experiment. Strings are fairly cheap and need replacing often enough, so find your own preference :)

I was actually lookin into strings today too. I, myself am gonna go with Worth browns, as Aldrine and a few other players swear by them. One of the uke mins covers this.

I loved my Aquilas, but I wanna try somethin a lil different. Don't be afraid to experiment. Strings are fairly cheap and need replacing often enough, so find your own preference :)

Same here on the Aquilas and trying something different. I'm also looking to
the Worth browns.Wo, ESP :eek:

...Worth browns, as Aldrine and a few other players swear by them

I seem to remember that Aldrine was in fact not extremely charmed by those particular strings (too soft, too mellow?) and that he uses D'Addarios (let's leave it to the man himself to give the final verdict ;) ), but that does not take away from the fact that they are decent strings, and that more depends on the magical synergy with your particular ukulele than on the particular characteristics of a particular string type.

You should be fine with a set of regular tension Worths and see how you like them. Strings are not likely to break your piggy bank, so trying a set and later another will not hurt and only give you more insight into what your ukulele likes to be strung with.

Good luck on your string adventure!

oh, I stand corrected! I was in the middle of a paper last night and didnt stop to take the time to search. Maybe he used to enjoy the browns... hmmm

I purchased Worth Clears and it made my cheap O/S uke brighter and easier to play. I put a thread here about Clears VS Browns and almost everyone said it was preference you just have to try a whole bunch to find your favourite. IMO the top name brands such as aquila's or worth's will not disappoint!! I've yet to try the aquila's i purchased I'm still on my worth's. So go on and try a whole bunch. I've yet to purchase the j'addario and ko'olau golds!

oh, I stand corrected! I was in the middle of a paper last night and didnt stop to take the time to search. Maybe he used to enjoy the browns... hmmm

Nope. See quote.

I didn't really like the aquillas too much... The tone is much too bright and it doesn't really resonate. It's as if the sound is loud for a split second and then fades away just as fast. The tone dies easily and I'm not too fond of that. I guess this is good if you like to strum a lot and get that bright punch.

I look for more sustain and warmth. The worth clears are not bad with this actually. They are like a really skinny version of D'Addario's pro artes. The worth browns were really bright. Not as bright as the aquillas but bright enough to make you cringe every time it's strummed too loud.

Also take into consideration the wood and build of your uke. What may sound good, say on a Kanile'a may not sound good on a Pono and vice versa. Also not everyone has the same listening characteristics.

What kind of worth strings should i get for my lanikai concert? because i see that theres alot on the worths website and all the tensions and what not, so im wondering whats good for a concert. THX in advance. and im kinda leaning towards brown, but if anyone has opinions then please let me kno.

Can't advise as to which is best but I also have a Lanikai concert and put on the Worth clear (medium tension). I am pleased with the sound.

Top Bottom