Another "FAIL" Video

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here is a video of part of one my practice sessions. I was just getting into the swing of things when ...

"Hi Ken, It's me. Just a quick call to remind you to turn the volume down on your phone when you start recording a video. Hope all is well. Cheers mate." :biglaugh:

Hey...if I could get 4:15 of playing that well I could live with the last ten seconds of the phone ringing... :)

Hey...if I could get 4:15 of playing that well I could live with the last ten seconds of the phone ringing... :)

:agree:

You could maybe release a series of videos with a different ring at the end of each one :cool:

Exactly what I was thinking!!

"Hi Ken, It's me. Just a quick call to remind you to turn the volume down on your phone when you start recording a video. Hope all is well. Cheers mate." :biglaugh:

Hahaha. So it was you! I bet it was you flying that helicopter that spoiled a previous vid.

Very, very funny Eugene!

Yes, I was puzzled by the Tasmanian accent at the other end of the phone.

Double LOL. First the expression on your face Ken. Second, Eugene's post.

After the video stopped there were a few mild expletives too.

Thanks. This is how I practice. I just noodle along until I play something that I like.

:agree:

You could maybe release a series of videos with a different ring at the end of each one :cool:

I am building up quite a collection of "fail" videos now. Mercifully they don't happen too often.

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Thanks for the comment, Paulie.

Now that was a look of disgust! (I enjoyed the heck out of the video though.)

Ken, I really like your playing! Nice reverb tail for the chroma key Church Sanctuary.
You could call that song "God Is Calling" :)

Now that was a look of disgust! (I enjoyed the heck out of the video though.)

The phone hadn't rung all day - until I decided to press the record button.

Ken, I really like your playing! Nice reverb tail for the chroma key Church Sanctuary.
You could call that song "God Is Calling" :)

Thanks for listening.

Excellent !
Again it's the fastest thumb of England that makes the difference. Well done.
You might add some more reverb to get the impression of playing in such a huge church.

Haha. Thanks. Whenever I use more reverb I get criticised by some for changing the sound.

These videos were actually recorded in the church and you can get a a true flavour of the natural reverb. The church is all wood. Anne Davison and James Hill played a concert there last year.

Last edited:
Okay...wow! I've heard your video where you pick a bluesy version of Amazing Grace and that was great but this was downright moving.

You have to love those old churches with tons of hardwood every where. I was at a men's meeting in an old church like that (not as large, but hardwood everywhere - didn't even have padded pews or carpeting). There were about 300 men in there singing old hymns acapella and that was enough to send shivers up yer spine!

John

Top Bottom