Favorite ukulele players?

Lideruke

Reaction score
I've gotten a handful of albums by a handful of ukulele artists, but would like suggestions for more to check out. Hope you guys/gals can help!
I have albums from:
Jake S.
James Hill
Eddie Vedder
UOGB
Dent May
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Thanks!

I recommend you spend some time on YouTube. Tons of great vids there and some of them have links to where you can buy CDs or downloads.

I don't buy many CDs any more. Even when I do I usually just end up ripping them so I can play on my MP3 player so I try to do downloads, now.

John

hi Lideruke and welcome to the forums.

Some others worth checking out would be...

Cliff 'Ukulele Ike' Edwards
Lil' Rev
Azo Bell and The Old Spice Boys
Bill Tapia
Lyle Ritz
Roy Smeck
Bosko and Honey
John King
Victoria Vox
Uni and her Ukulele
Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys
Aaron Keim
Ian Whitcomb
The Barnkickers
Dr. Bekken

Also if you're into instrumental stuff, better add Dominator and The Jumping Flea (Matt dahlberg) to that collection...so many more but, aside from you already mentioning James Hill, UOofGB, Iz and Dent May, these are the ones I probably listen to the most. But yeah, John is right, get onto youtube and you're likely to discover a whole heap to pile onto that list!!!! Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks, everybody! That's a lot of people to check out. I appreciate it.
I forgot one, a group I can't find any mention of on the forum. They're Buke and Gass (now Buke and Gase). The singer plays a modified bari.

Thanks, everybody! That's a lot of people to check out. I appreciate it.
I forgot one, a group I can't find any mention of on the forum. They're Buke and Gass (now Buke and Gase). The singer plays a modified bari.

Uhhh...not to quibble but that modified bari looks more like a guitar... Let's see...six equidistant steel strings in linear tuning...six stock tuners...adjustable truss rod...yep, guitar. LOL

Uhhh...not to quibble but that modified bari looks more like a guitar... Let's see...six equidistant steel strings in linear tuning...six stock tuners...adjustable truss rod...yep, guitar. LOL

Yes, I was just about to edit the post, that I suppose it's nominally a ukulele. So it's a HEAVILY modified bari. :p

Ohta-San
John King
Benny Chong
Byron Yasui
Brittni Paiva
Sophie Madeleine
Helen Keller's Ukulele
Kiyoshi Kobayashi
Gordon Mark
Tomotaka Matsui
Kenji Kondo

And a few bands that feature ukulele:
Leftover Cuties
Sweet Hollywaiians
The Moonlighters

Kalei Gamiao

Kalei Gamiao

1+Kalei, who along with my friend and favorite Hawaiian oil painter and former US Surf Champion, Lynne Boyer, will be at the Haleiwa Festival this very weekend, I do believe. Check em out if you're on Oahu now.

http://lynneboyer.com/about

I took the photo of Lynne at Waimea while she was painting at the bottom of the linked page. And the original painting is here in my master bedroom. Lol.

Last edited:
Where's the love for Aldrine Guerrero? :)
Julia Nunes
Kyas

hi and also check out Eugine ukulele on youtube he has some amazing songs :)

i second Eugene as well Dave fantastic player and definitely one of my faves

The Re-Entrants have records available! I dunno if
Ian and Phil (both members) have stuff out under
their own names, but certainly the Re-Entrants
have around five albums of stuff in circulation!
Check it out, the most fun you can have with
just two ukuleles....

Top Bottom