New uke day

roxhum

Reaction score
I received a cedar /Rosewood Mainland soprano ukulele today! Thank you mattydee. It is a beauty and exactly what I have come to expect from Mainland ukuleles. The more I play it the more I like it. For a uke in this price range I give it an A!

Oh, sweet! Congrats, RoxHum! It's a joyous moment when someone gets a uke that they really love...

Congratulations! I've never seen a Mainland cedar/rosewood ukulele, but I imagine that it has a rich, bright sound.

Not too bright. I prefer mellow sounding ukes. It is loud, maybe you would say punchy, yet mellow.

Aloha Roxhum,
Congrats on your new uke. Nice to have a uke that reached or exceeded your expectations.
Happy times with her/him..................................BO...............................

I have a Pono tenr rosewood body, cedar top, and I agree completely that the sound is as precious as a green pea on a hungry man's plate.

Whatever you do, be careful as pie with that cedar, though. Dings, and even scratches, more than u would think.

Awesome, Rox! Enjoy that new addition to the family.

Congrats on the NUD! Now go play it! :)

I have a Pono tenr rosewood body, cedar top, and I agree completely that the sound is as precious as a green pea on a hungry man's plate.

Whatever you do, be careful as pie with that cedar, though. Dings, and even scratches, more than u would think.

Master of similes AND a uker---you're a double threat, Coolkayaker! (BTW, I'm never careful with pie--it's my fave.)

Roxhum, you'll enjoy that new voice in your house. When you play it, it will be like having lunch with a different friend, with new things to talk about.

Ooh, Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize they ding easily. The more I play it the more I love it.

Top Bottom