James hill or jake shimabukuro

liking both is not allowed?

I wanted to see who thinks James hill to jake shimbukuro

I like James hill

Ummm I don't understand.. Do you think they are mutually exclusive?.?
They are both marvelouse exponents of virtuoso ukulele playing - with entirely different approaches.

Cliff Edwards. Lil' Rev. Azo Bell.

Never heard of that Shimafella. James Hill plays good banjo.

*chuckling* I very nearly spat my morning coffee all over the laptop there....thanks Eugene!
To answer the er....question?.....They are both great! Prefer Kalei Gamiao....lol

They're both awesome!!! However, there are many, many very talented players out there.

Here are just a few:

Uncle Ledward Kaapana

Bruddah Kalei Gamiao

Bruddah Troy Fernandez

Bruddah Aldrine Guerrero

Uhhh...that's kind of like asking people to choose between Coca Cola and pizza...they're completely different things and there is no reason to choose between them...they can even be enjoyed together!

Life is too short to have to choose.
And why limit yourself.
It is not like you are choosing a team to root for. Both men excel at their craft. Both are great artists. Both have changed the perception of the instrument and both have made the limitations of the instrument work for them.

Very good answers here, I agree with all, I will probably never actually purchase either of those guy's music to listen to, there are so many players that I find way more interesting.
But... for the OP... if I had to choose one of those two dudes: Jake for sure, nothing to to with talent or skill or 'impressiveness' just better song choices by Jake, that's all :)

If I had to choose---if you had my fingers in a vice and wouldn't let me out no matter how loud I cried until I picked one or the other--I'd choose Coke.

I think they are both great (along with MANY others), that said, I prefer James' repetoire.

Jimmy

.......... A few more:

Sistah Taimane Gardner

Sistah Brittni Paiva

Bruddah Abe Lagrimas Jr.

Bruddah Kuhio Rosa Travis - Ho! Da Bruddah get some SERIOUS falsetto!!!

For me, James Hill has done more interesting things, and has a wider range.

Jake is a phenomenal player - one of those perfect blends of technique and musicality.

I think Aldrine is hugely underrated, and he can sing beautifully. Craig Chee is great, too, and I don't think anyone's mentioned him.

I let a chance slip to see James Hill this past year. I can't tell you how much I regret that. It would have have been lots of time and expense, but he's pretty much my hero, so I am stupid.

I always think it's funny that people get down on people asking opinions. I really do like Jimi Hendrix more than Wes Montgomery. I really do like the Beatles more than Pink Floyd. It's ok to prefer things.

And, BTW, what is Kalei Gamiao doing with his right hand in... well, most of that track? Some of it I understand, but there's this whole thing where his thumb is sort of under his palm, and his index finger is up the fretboard a bit. More able players, any wisdom much appreciated!

Both amazing players and at the moment i prefer listening to jakes music but it changes all the time who i enjoy listening to more. By no means am i saying who is better since they both are masters in all departments of their playing.

Top Bottom