Nothing's Moore Bettah than a new uke day!

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received word yesterday that I had a package at the post office, but the carrier had already gone out for the day. Would I like to pick it up or wait until tomorrow's delivery?? I live about 15 miles from the post office, but pass by pretty closely on my way to work, so of course I said I would pick it up. Duh.

I was so excited as I signed for the box, but now I had a 40 minute drive to get to a place where I could safely open it. I have a friend who doesn't live too far from work, so I stopped at her house. Her husband met me at the door and assisted me in opening the box. I think he had as much anticipation as me. He dabbles in woodwork himself.

When we finally opened the case, we both just said, "wow". Words are inadequate. This ukulele is soooo much more amazing in person that in the photos. It is lighter than I thought it would be, extremely well balanced. Smooth, silky almost, sexy.

I am not going to post a full review....It sounds fabulous and I hope to someday to actually be a good enough player to deserve this instrument. I think you all know how awesome Chuck's ukes are. What some of you may not know is how completely awesome he is as a person and how wonderful he makes this whole process. He kept me informed and sent weekly updates with pics. He is funny (but not as funny as he thinks he is :) ), and just a pleasure to do business with. If I ever thought I needed another ukulele (which I can't imagine after getting this one) I would be honored to be able to get back on the waiting list.

The images will explain the uke details pretty well. The koa just shimmers, almost moves in the light.

The inlay has a personal meaning to me.
The Sun: When I was a child, my family took an annual vacation to a resort on a lake in Northern Wisconsin called Sunset Resort. Years later, I am lucky to be living at that place, a place where family memories continue to be made.
Water: I love all things water. Being on or near water (or sometimes under it with scuba) is very restorative to my soul. Having a rough day? Head out in the kayak for a few hours, swim to the center of the lake and float on your back watching the sky. Guaranteed to come back to solid land refreshed and ready to tackle the next obstacle.
And the Honu: The honu represents longevity, peace, good luck, humility, long life and the spirit within. I have a honu tattoo, so it was only fitting he takes a place of honor on the uke.

Oh, and Chuck added the plumeria because he knows I just love them. My favorite flower and one I photograph often when I am on the Islands.

Enough words already, you say? Bring on the pics? Here they are:

c-2.jpg

aaa-2.jpg

aaaa-3.jpg

Simply beautiful....Congrats on the new uke...Chuck was mailing out presents this week for sure...I'm assuming that is a soprano?

Beautiful uke, congrats!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.....Congratulations on your New Moore Bettah...It is stunning beautiful...I just got up and Now I wish I can get one..You Lucky Lucky Gal..
Thank you for sharing...I am sure you will have many many many years of enjoyment out of Chuck's beautiful creation..Happy Strummings..
Praying and wishing for a Moore Bettah ukulele day too...

Wow, so amazing! Love the turquoise honu inlay, it reminds me of the art nouveau tenor. My dream uke would be a custom Moore Bettah pineapple (or tenor).

Congratulations! You've got a fantastic new lifetime music partner/muse. :D

Stan beat me to it. WOW to the nth degree!! From a certain angle that plumeria looks real. Congratulations!

Have You named her yet?? seems very appropiate to do so....Honu Girl???? hee hee
You must be playing your uke now...I would...no time to update your signature..hee hee
Chuck's works always takes my breath away.....:iwant::drool:

Last edited:
That honu is actually swimming!

Just lovely.

Absolutely stunning! It makes me want to walk out of my office right now and go home and practice, practice, practice, so that one day I will be worthy of such a beautiful piece of art! Congratulations!

It stops the breath, it is so beautiful! And lovely photos of it too!

I especially like how integrated the symbolism is---your icons and memories, and Chuck's Hawaiian-izing them. What a wonderful day for you!

I'm looking forward to seeing a youtube of you playing it---not just a recording---so we can see how you hold it too. What a treasure!

Aloha Canoe Lady. Congratulations on taking receipt of your new MB. It is wonderful to have something of personal meaning that Chuck could include in his work of art for you. I am fortunate enough to know what you mean about pictures not being able to capture the true beauty and subtleties of Chuck's ukes. The way that the light refracts off the koa and inlay materials as the uke is shifted is just stunning. And how about the playability and sound? After you get past the fear of putting even a tiny mark on it and start to really put it through its paces, you will continue to be be amazed at how it evolves.

The only downside to finally taking delivery of your custom from Chuck is that the entire process has now ended. The communication, weekly updates, wise ass give and take that is all part of having Chuck build you a custom uke, makes your daily routine easier to take. Enjoy your new beauty!

Top Bottom