best product for getting off the fingerprints?

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
Anyone got a secret for keeping your shiny ukes squeaky clean?
right now Im using a very fine microfiber cloth that was designed to get fingerprints off lcd tv screens...It works ok for minor clean up, but Im thinking there must be a better option out there?

There's really nothing better than a slightly damp cloth for a gloss finish. All polishes have some level of abrasive in them, so they should be used very sparingly, if at all. Do not use any home cleaning products; if you must use a polish, use one made specifically for musical instruments.

There's really nothing better than a slightly damp cloth for a gloss finish. All polishes have some level of abrasive in them, so they should be used very sparingly, if at all. Do not use any home cleaning products; if you must use a polish, use one made specifically for musical instruments.

Rich is right about a damp cloth. But once in a while, on really glossy ukes, to help hid scratches and keep off fingerprints, I use Virtuoso polish. Look it up it's good stuff.

Mostly just a wipedown with a soft cloth. Once in a while I'll get out the Renaissance Wax - especially if the uke has been to UWC where I was laying down a nice mix of sweat, bug spray, and sunscreen... (actually, waxed before and after that trip). The Ren wax also works really well for removing any "soft" residue such as tiny smudges of ticky-tac left from using a temporary soundboard pickup.

John

Top Bottom