While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Jake cover)

ItsAMeCasey

Reaction score
Re-do of Jakes Cover. I think this is a good progress video as I've done this one about a year ago and I think the improvement is evident. Basically just a carbon copy of Jake lol. None the less hope you guys enjoy!

Great job as usual Casey. Very clean. Agreed with the post noted above - video is little to bright with the back lighting. However, the playing was awesome.

Incredible, man. Really good!... I just used your cover of The Unknown as a template to figure out the last part before Dominator gets the tutorial up. Glad I could see what you were doing. Between yours and the HiSessions vid, I think I got it... But I digress - GREAT job on this one!

wow Casey, you're amazing. Man, you sure have one red hot career in front of you and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

Thanks so much guys. I'm always so happy to post videos here because you're all so supportive and encouraging. And sorry about the lighting, I recorded this on the fly right before work and didn't really think about the quality lol! I have many more videos coming (just bought a looper pedal and having a blast messing around with it), so I'll make sure to keep those reccomendations in mind while filming the up coming vids.

Also I was thinking about (and I've said this before and didn't go through with it, but I'm serious about it this time!) doing an instructional vid on the licks used in the beginning. It's VERY Jake Shimabukuro inspired (I literally spent hours rewinding the same 10 second clip over and over again to see what he was doing), but actually much easier than it looks.

But again thanks so much guys, you really have no idea how much the kind words mean to me.

Casey, you're improving at an incredible rate, I remember watching your first take on this and was blown away then!! I noticed that you've started to incorporate the Kalei strum, it sounds wicked. I hope you do get around to the Licks intro, as you're style of teaching is awesome.
Pity about the video quality, as I couldn't get to see exactly what you played, remember dude, never sit in front of a window when you play as it just under exposes you. Jake better watch his back, there's a new kid on the block :)

Top Bottom