Aquila's new unwound low-g string

Gillian

Reaction score
I put Mimmo's sample on my Nalu tenor a few days ago and here is my initial impression.

I like it. Sound-wise, it meshes well with the Nylguts. It doesn't overpower the other strings. Unlike the thicker Worth low-g strings, I didn't have to file the nut slot wider to accommodate it. Being thinner, it is clearer and brighter and has more sustain than the Worth. Intonation is accurate past the 12th fret.

It has a unique feel to it. Slightly rough, but the texture has eliminated the squeak some people mention they hear with the Nylguts.

Mimmo has done it. Thank you!

Sweet! I can't wait to buy one. Do you know when they will be available?

Thanks for your words Gillian. Could you please let us to hear this new unwound low 4th string?

I have an Aquila unwound low-g string my Kamaka HF-3 tenor and it is awesome. The other strings (CAE) are as set-up and delivered from Kamaka. The Aquila unwound low-g is a winner in my opinion.

I'm giving this thread a bump because of all the talk about low-G strings and how to pronounce Aquila, people should hear what this new unwound low-G string sounds like.

Anyone want to post a quick sound sample with the string on their ukes?

I'm giving this thread a bump because of all the talk about low-G strings and how to pronounce Aquila, people should hear what this new unwound low-G string sounds like.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=918074
Anyone want to post a quick sound sample with the string on their ukes?

I'm going to try now, I've had trouble uploading videos to yt lately but am trying now. They are really good. I agree with everything the guy from Leolani said and the other thing was it didn't take a week to settle like normal, the string stayed in tune from around day 2. It seems to have a bit less tension than the others but thats not really a problem. All in all, its a real success imo. Well done Mimmo! And thanks for the sample, really needed it too as my wound string was eroding...lol

Oh this is gonna prove to be a nice option for the Risa uke solids. Those can't take a wound G, and we all know what the flourocarbon unwound Gs are like. I can't wait until these strings come out. :)

Top Bottom