Ammo Box Ukulele

Pretty cool...and if anybody gives you a hard time you can clobber 'em over the head with it and do some serious damage...to their head, I mean! LOL

I love it, awesome... looks like you still have enough room in the top half to install a false bottom... then throw your cables and tuner and such in there... cool :)

This is Awesome!!!!

Ok, I'm hooked...I been building some cigarbox ukes, but I gotta build one of these. Can you tell me what you have installed where your picking at? Is that part up the pickup? What kind of pickup did you use? Nice touch with the rimfire fret markers, shot shell volume knob and 7.62 casing.

I got a couple of boxes, and I have gotten a couple of ideas to include making an amp out of the other ammo box...can you tell me what kind of strings you used and did you still tune it GCEA? Also, did you use any additional bracing in the can or is it plenty sturdy enough? And, what kind of glue did you use to bond the wood to metal (fretboard) and neck if if you used any at the neck?

I got a couple of boxes, and I have gotten a couple of ideas to include making an amp out of the other ammo box...can you tell me what kind of strings you used and did you still tune it GCEA? Also, did you use any additional bracing in the can or is it plenty sturdy enough? And, what kind of glue did you use to bond the wood to metal (fretboard) and neck if if you used any at the neck?

I used the four thinnest strings from an electric guitar set. I tuned it to a reentrant GCEA. I didn’t use any bracing in the box. The neck was attached with two “brad hole tee nuts” embedded into the butt of the neck. Then I just drilled two corresponding holes in the ammo box and through a block of wood in the box. Two bolts were put through the holes and into the tee nuts.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey Daniel, thanks for the info...gonna try this build, it is too cool. I am active duty military, so it is really fitting. Thanks for the post.

Top Bottom