Kindle uke books for beginners -- chime in!

pootsie

Reaction score
I have an Amazon gift card and a Kindle.

And I have decided to blow my gift $$ on ukulele books so, please post your suggestions!

BTW, I note that the collected works of bazmaz are available.
I plan on getting all of those but I will still have money left!!!!

And since I know that everyone here hates the idea of leaving a single penny of the uke budget unspent, I need your help.

Lol. I obviously consider this to be a five star thread!

;)

Really, bazmaz, what you should do is raise your prices to solve my problem ;)

+1 Ukulele For Dummies, and the Jim Beloff 365 book

Ukulele for Dummies

This is a good one. I also like the Daily Uke (Jim Beloff) book. I own a non-digital version of the Daily Uke and it is great. I have, however, heard some complain that the e-book version is not very readable on smaller devices.

What excellent ideas! I really want my music on some type of reader, see my thread under Uke Talk "I want a new toy".

If you like old music from the 1920s and 30s, I sell a couple of DVDs with 8GB of PDF files you can open on a Kindle...

Is it too late to chime in with another vote for Ukulele For Dummies? :D

The "extras" (which you need) are only available on IPhone or iPad, so if you don't have one of those, get the actual book and CD combo.

I believe Kanaka916 helped me with the links in my signature so that there are a couple
of my performance songbooks in pdf format that you may download as one big pdf file
so that you can scroll through it to find individual songs.

The corresponding MP3s are also available via a signature link : )

keep uke'in',

OOPS! I don't have the links to my performance songbooks in my signature. Sorry, will
be working with Kanaka916 to get them hosted on his MediaFire acct.

I was able to set up my own MediaFire account and so I posted a link to my entire Ukulele FOLDER in the
Videos and Links category. Or just search for it using the keyword MediaFire.

I hope you find it useful.

Last edited:
I wish that you had prefaced this post with something along the lines of "Warning: Plenty Of Good Things To Buy Listed In This Post!"

Unlike pootsie, I do not have an Amazon gift card. However I do have something far more evil: the credit card. And not just any old credit card. You see, combined with my uncanny ability to rationalise and justify pretty-much every Amazon book purchase I ever consider, this humble credit card becomes a lot like The Very Hungry Caterpillar from the children's book of the same name.

Result: I have several shiny new books coming my way courtesy of Amazon, Mastercard and DHL Express.

Cheers,
Ash

I also bought the "uke for dummies" based off this thread. I thought it would be good cause my wife gets one nook color, and then I found out the bad things: 1) no more CD 2) cannot zoom so I cannot read the music! Oh well still a good book, get the "print" one but.

Ash: you knew what you were getting into!

Uncle Rod: Many thanks, as always. I have Key of C in the bootcamp down and a good handle on Key of F, two months into playing and never having played a thing before in my life. You rock (as do all the others here who have helped me along)! A little jazz in the strum and they sound like songs!

Top Bottom