who are the best ukulele teachers on oahu

hawaii 50

Reaction score
i am looking for a good ukulele teacher on oahu..i plan to retire in dec 2012 and move back home to hawaii..looking for an older teacher who can teach all styles finger style struming..jazz instrumentals calssical etc....any part of oahu...

I was on the island about a year and a half ago. I met Troy Fernandez. He gives lessons. If I lived there, I would be his student.

thanks for the info..do you know what city he lives in or does he have a studio??also i have heard of him is he an older guy or young person??thxs
I was on the island about a year and a half ago. I met Troy Fernandez. He gives lessons. If I lived there, I would be his student.

i am looking for a good ukulele teacher on oahu..i plan to retire in dec 2012 and move back home to hawaii..looking for an older teacher who can teach all styles finger style struming..jazz instrumentals calssical etc....any part of oahu...

Hey there, we have several teachers who give private lessons at Ukulele PUAPUA ranging from ages 20 to upwards of 65

Are Kimo Hussey and Brad Bordessa on Oahu? Brad is www.liveukulele.com, and young but traditional.

Aloha hawaii 50,
Jan Luna of the band S.O.S. LV teaches ukulele, can be reached thru S.O.S. LV.................

Troy Fernandez gives lessons??!!!! :iwant:

Roy Sakuma is another great uke player and teacher located in Honolulu.

If you can manage, try to get some lessons with Byron Yasui. He is an amazing teacher, not only knowing how to play, but also the theory behind the music.

Top Bottom