FS: Ohana CK-70RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
So I thought this would be my travel uke -- I drive a boat during the summer months -- but a Bruko slimline beat it out (I can hear DNewton's comments as I'm writing this -- ha!).

SAM_3076.jpgSAM_3081.jpgSAM_3080.jpgSAM_3084.jpg

It's got low action, correct intonation, great clarity, and it's LOUD. Seriously, I don't know if it's an effect of the molded body, but this ukulele can keep up with friend's guitars in terms of sheer volume.

The Specs:

Solid spruce top
Molded plastic back and sides
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard
Grover tuners
Aquila strings
Strap button

Pros: Aside from the volume, the clarity is excellent. I'd say picking is a bit more fun than strumming on this one, but either way it really rings. Another pro (IMO) is the neck shape; it's lean and fast, and really comfortable.

Cons: Plastic is slippery! I've found that if it's not positioned well in my lap it can sort of slide out from underneath. If you use a strap this becomes a non-issue. The headstock logo is essentially a sticker. You don't really notice unless you look closely, but that might turn some people off. Also, a few of frets on the treble end are a bit rough (eight, ten, and eleven to be precise).

I realize the cons list is longer than the pros, but that's more in an effort to be honest about the uke than a reflection of its worth. To put it another way: I'd keep it if I was going to play it more often.

Suggested retail on these is $249. There's a couple online (seconds, mostly) for around $150. I'd like $130 shipped CONUS. EDIT: It's a pretty competitive marketplace these days, so I'll entertain any reasonable offers on this one.

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Is this still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom