Brand New Willie Wixom Slotted Headstock Koa Tenor Ebony Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeykondo

Reaction score
Like many others here, I have an affliction of impulse buying when I need to be saving. Part of the problem is that this is really the only way for me to try new ukes. I love each and every one that I own, but I can't justify keeping them all. I just received this one yesterday, and it's a beauty and sounds even better than it looks. Would I love to keep it? Of course! But should I? Well.... I'm being pressured to let it go. So to satisfy 'the powers that be', I am throwing out a line to see if anyone's interested, as I mull over what I am willing to wave goodbye to. Since it's brand new and already an outrageously good deal I'd look for it to go for only a modest discount: $650 including hardcase (better case than what is depicted) and shipping/insurance (you pay any paypal fees, unless you gift the money).

Here's my review (all feedback and pics). If you want to see it by skype, we can arrange for that, too.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...xom-All-Koa-Slotted-Headstock-and-Bound-Tenor

uke_1.jpguke_2.jpguke_3.jpguke_4.jpg

DISCLOSURE: I had sold this uke, but the person who bought it did not want to keep it. He said it had no volume, which I think is objectively wrong. I was going to conduct a digital sound test, but received several comments discouraging me from doing this, because the reliability of the test might just open up a new can of worms. If you are really interested in something like this, you can PM me though.

Last edited:
That is magnificent looking. Someone buy my pono so I can buy this! Good luck with the sale. Too bad you can't keep it.

I probably could keep it--it would just be at a cost of upsetting people! We'll see

That is magnificent looking. Someone buy my pono so I can buy this! Good luck with the sale. Too bad you can't keep it.

It's beautiful! I have a concert like that ordered from Willie.

very pretty. I like the ebony and koa combo, nice contrast, very tasteful. good luck with the sale. I love to bite but then I would be in the dog house myself. at least I'd have a lot of quiet practice time though, haha

Yes, it's really pretty--looks even better in person where you can see the rippling curls, esp in light

very pretty. I like the ebony and koa combo, nice contrast, very tasteful. good luck with the sale. I love to bite but then I would be in the dog house myself. at least I'd have a lot of quiet practice time though, haha

You should hold onto it as his waitlist isnt' that long. Once it become 1 year waitlist, people will grab the opportunity to buy one of his ukes.

His wait list is 6 months now and growing. I am not playing it so it stays in new condition.
You should hold onto it as his waitlist isnt' that long. Once it become 1 year waitlist, people will grab the opportunity to buy one of his ukes.

I spent some time on the phone with Willie today as a result of UkeyKondo's posts....

What a great guy! I sent him a deposit and he's going to build me a custom sopranino now. He's right, I've got to wait until October.

Scott

Will try to post some new photos later today. Total playing time on this: 5 minutes

new pics now uploaded--see original post in this thread

This uke is on sale again -- see original post for more information on the circumstances surrounding the sale.

Now that this uke is famous, I would up the asking price! :D :D:p

Just received my digital audio meter in the mail. Once I get the uke back, I will test the volume against the high end ukuleles I own. Stay tuned

Willie is booked till Jan. 2013, mine is for this month.....
Good luck with the sale.........................................BO...............................

Just got it back and am now more convinced than ever that this is a fine ukulele with great tone and volume. Still for sale because I am trying to raise cash.

Just got it back and am now more convinced than ever that this is a fine ukulele with great tone and volume.

Glad to hear it. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my Concert in January. (Yes. January.) Willie has been wonderful to work with. I know whoever ends up with this instrument is going to get a real gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom