D addario strings

I am not really impressed with the descriptions on their international page, but the japanese page gives the following description:

J53 - concert black
J54 - tenor black
J65 - soprano clear
J68 - bariton clear / silver
J71 - concert Pro-Arte (high tension, sold in the UU store)
J92 - tenor Pro-Arte (high tension, sold in the UU store)

Hope this helps. Consider the fact that some players may use concert strings on a soprano for added oomph.

When I started Playin a guy at a guitar shop sold me the J53 Hawaiian/Concert strings for my Soprano, I didn't know any thing about strings at the time
They were kind of sloppy feeling and didn't sound right.

At a different store where they sell Uke's the guy tells me I shouldn't be using them on a Soprano as the tension is different and they will feel loose.

I have played on a Kala KA-S Soprano.
The J65's, the pack list it for BF#DA tuning but my uke guy told me tune to GCEA with no problem. I find them to be Kind of "Old School-5'2'' Eyes of Blue" sounding and they feel soft but not sloppy.

The Ko'olau strings feel the same but sound more Ukeish kind of Hawaiian if you know what I mean.

The Aquilla's feel very hard and sound "bright" I did'nt mind the feel but did not like the sound for strumming but they were/are nice for picking. I was thinking of taking them off till I turned that Soprano into Low g and that balanced them out for strumming.

Next up the Kala Reds as soon as they come in.

Help this is helpful.

Top Bottom