"It's Only A Paper Moon"

H

Hippie Dribble

1933. music Harold Arlen. lyrics E. Y. Harburg; Billy Rose.

a simple chord solo arrangement I made for this gorgeous popular standard, with basic 1st, 2nd and 3rd position chord shapes and a bit of fingerstyle playing to fill in the spaces. Played on a baritone ukulele in regular DGBE tuning. Many wonderful vocal renditions of this tune have been recorded, but my favourite is by the master himself, Cliff Edwards. Check it out!

oops...and a wardrobe malfunction!!! I forgot to put a beanie on and thus, have exposed my balding disgrace...he he :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geYs-H5E4As

Thanks for watching gang! :)

Nice arrangement, love the Mya-Moe look :)

What you ran out of beanies? I always wonder just how many caps you own...

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Real sweet mate...loved it...wow.....nah you git plenty hair...no beanies required.....Hee Hee

Excellent Jon,isn't the bari fun. I am tempted to string mine gcea so I don't have to think so hard but I don't want to loose that classic bari sound.
You don't need a beanie mate and you always brighten my day with your music.

Very nice - so you do have a top to your skull, after all. All those hats I figured you had some nasty, gnarly, plastic bowl covering a gaping wound or something... :)

John

Good job mate. I see you are enjoying the baritone more and more.
cheers reff. Yep, loving the bari mate
Nicely done Jon. I almost didn't recognize you without a hat on!
Thanks Eroll, that's fine brother...I'm in disguise
Nice arrangement, love the Mya-Moe look :)

What you ran out of beanies? I always wonder just how many caps you own...
he he...too many Ivan, probably about 30 I reckon from a lifetime of collecting em from op shops...

Yep fantasic as ever Jon :) and a nice pleasant surprise to see your Barnet,you certainly have a lot more thatch than me. The bari sounds so good, my poor old (new) soprano i got in december doesnt get a look in much now. Keep those wonderful sounds coming, love your playing mate :)

Hey, sweet! You are literally playing my song! pepa=paper, mahina=moon. This is kind of a theme song for my husband and I. As always, you've done it well. By the way, I'm glad you ditched the beanie, even if it was accidentally. Let it shine bro!

Top Bottom