"hey Mr Banker" written and performed by UkuleleDaveey

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all well yesterday I had a surge of limited creativity and capability :) but I am proud of myself for actually finally for the 1st time in my life of actually writing a basic song, I know it is simple only 3 chords, but it is a start or maybe a finish for me.
Anyway please feel free to comment, all the best from me

That's one more song than I've written! nice work
All that Woody Guthrie is doing you good.

thanks all, really appreciate your comments and support, i was a little nervous about sharing it, but what better place is there, than to sharew with you all, so thanks so so much, im having terrible trouble accessing UU forum tonight, every other website is fine , but for some reason this is plaing up terribly, anyway once again thanks so much for your wonderful comments

Davey - Well done, man! Peewee's got it right - you're definitely channeling the Woody there..... it's a nice tune and the lyrics are sincere and well delivered, nice strum, and your voice suits that baritone.... even dig the grainy look of the vid and the setting - really works with the style of the tune.....

An excellent start, man - looking forward to more.....

:) thanks so much skidoo, greatly appreciate your comments and feedback, thats really really kind of you, and i definitely agree about woody, got eugine to blame for that. i really really love woody now, cant believe i hadn't heard of him, i watched "bound for glory yesterday" and bought woody's greatest hits and that song just flowed out of me afterwards, i have also been playing worried man blues on the bari everyday the last couple of weeks.
look forward to seeing more songs from you mate and thanks so much for your continued support :)

YES!!!! Woody would be proud bother. So would Billy Bragg. They are great lyrics Dave, what a fine fine start to the songwriting career mate. Wonderful stuff right here...

thanks so much Jon :) well i have you to thank for introducing me to woody guthrie, i really dig him now, i even bought a song book of some of his songs.
do you like billy bragg ? he is e fellow essex lad like me, anyway thanks so much mate your encouragement means alot :) and thanks for bringing woody into my life :)

Really nice Daveey! I bet you'd like Ry Cooder's latest (I think latest) album. Has a great tune on it called "No Banker Left Behind."

The baritone really lends itself to that alternating bass line thing that never seems to work even on a low-G tenor. Really nice.

John

thnaks so so so much guys really appreciate all your feedback and comments, i am overwhelmed by the positivity :) i didnt get a brilliant take of the song and i think i tripped over the lyrics in a few places i blame the writer lol, but i found it a little hard as im still learning that picking strum and i tend to get lost or concentrate to much lol.
Sorry i havent thanked you all by name check, i am havin terrible trouble with UU tonight , it is taking for ever for pages to load and they freeze, so thanks one and all :)
John i dont own any Ry cooder albums but i know he plays a mean slide guitar and i know he did the paris,texas soundtrack i will check him out some more i promise, so hows the bari going i see you got it :) anyway im off to bed now and seriously thanks so much everyone , this little old community of ours is better than any other uke site i reckon, have a great weekend everyone, all the best from me :)

Last edited:
Well done john, you should be proud of yourself, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there. There's more to Essex than that TOWIE lot!

Well done john, you should be proud of yourself, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there. There's more to Essex than that TOWIE lot!
Cheers Ukueroll :) god i hate TOWIE :) im born and raised in rural Essex, living just over the border in Hetfordshire now, literally 10 mins by foot from the house i was born in, thanks for your words of encouragement, have a good weekend :)

Top Bottom